Sunday, December 02, 2007

what fun!

Most years my motto is , if it isn't up by December 1st then its not going up! I mean we work our little tails off trying to get our homes into this winterscape atmosphere...surely we need time to sit back and enjoy it right?
I do love those mornings when I actually have no place I have to be and I can simply sip my coffee and enjoy everything.
However, crazy weekends such as this last one are equally as fulfilling!


These are some of the shots from our living room. The girls always say "now which one is the living room?" I guess by definition the living room should be the space in which much of the actual living goes on....however in our home its simply the room without the tv!
I use a table top tree and place all the small glittered cottages & glittered wendy addison treasures.
ps-I received a couple of emails regarding the bottle brush trees. Many of the ones I have collected are Cody Foster. I usually pick these up either on ebay or www.bayberrycove.com - or try www.christmastraditions.com .










6 nutcracker performances
1 christmas tree up & decorated
1 party full of 16 cheerleaders
1 weekend full of fun!!
















15 comments:

Jeanne said...

Paige, the lucious colors of your Christmas decorations is simply scrumptious! It's nice to see other holiday color combinations besides the traditional red & green.

3 Peanuts said...

So beautiful...all of it (espcially the girls laughing!

Kim

Heather said...

Oh how pretty! I love your sparkly decorations, and the ballet pictures are terrific too.

Unknown said...

Looks like fun at your house! Your ballerina daughter looks so beautiful--you must be very proud!

Anonymous said...

TFS the information on the two shopping places. I did a little damage there today. I had been looking for those items and had no idea of where to get them...

Kim -today's creative blog said...

What a wonderful job you have done with your decorating! And Congrats to your daughter!

I have featured you today on Today's Creative Blog! Email me for your blinkie code. krjdemmon@comcast.net

Unknown said...

Paige! As usual darling decorations! And I LOVE the pic of your daughter getting ready for her performance! She is beautiful! And the photos of the 3 girls (cheerleaders I assume) too cute!

Lana Manis said...

Everything looks so beautiful ~ esp. the girls! Your holiday decor is perfect. I, too, love the bottle brush trees, glittery houses, and vintage ornaments.

Tres Poshe Preppy said...

Your tree is so pretty! Thanks for stopping by my blog. Your family is gorgeous. My house was always filled with ballerinas & cheerleaders! LOVE IT!

meg duerksen said...

you blog is so pretty.
love your style.
i came over form kim's creative blogs.
i absolutely love the vintage ornaments in those fun colors!
have a great day!
meg

Anonymous said...

I love your pastel decorations and the photos of your daughter are beautiful, as usual!

~elaine~

Sharon at American Harvest said...

Hi Paige,
Beautiful pictures of the ballerinas made my day! Then, I heard Third Day's King of Glory (one of Rodger's favorite songs)...that made my day even better. Thank you for making a busy day so special.
Sharon

Anonymous said...

your decorations are beautiful!!! the photos of your daughter in her ballet attire are wonderful. she looks gorgeous!

cammy said...

Paige,
How proud you must be of your beautiful daughter! Gracie took ballet for about 4 years. I loved all of the wonderful costumes. However, she gave up ballet and chose field hockey & lacrosse....at least they wear cute kilts.

Happy Thursday. Cammy

Jen Kershner said...

Everything looks beautiful at your place, Paige. Especially the girls. I bet they are joy all the decorations too.