Tuesday, January 25, 2011

madi, the mystic, morrison and meringue

yesterday after fiddling with html codes
& online work/computer issues
i ended up with a big whopping headache.
 clearly, i'm not as techy as i'd like to be.

take for example my itunes status.
my itunes library is on the desktop computer, not my laptop.
& i've yet to learn how, to or shall we say, make the time to switch it over.
rumor has it that it's a time consumer
& i'm consuming my time with html and
three hundred and sixty five photos for crying out loud.

so my sweet madison uploads my songs for me.
i keep her hopping around from U2 to vanilla ice to zac brown.

when zac brown first came out
singing things like chicken fried and i've got my $%@ in the sand
i wasn't all yay zbb.
then i heard highway 20 ride, free, and colder weather
& now i'm a true fan.
so anyway, she uploaded what was apparently the extended version of free.
awesome tune.
with van morrison's 'into the mystic' thrown in there.
love.

i'm certain most of you have a more refined sophisticated taste in music
& have no familiarity with the aforementioned songs.

so
speaking of madison,
i'm a little behind posting some of her cheerleading pictures from this past fall.

she left 11 years of ballet & entered the world of  cheerleading 
as if that's what's she done all along.











besides being my techy tunes girl,
madison is also our resident baker
who loves to be in the kitchen
& is helper extraordinaire.
her current form of blessing our family
is baking cupcakes. from scratch

i gave each of the girls a book to open on christmas eve.
madison's, while not technically a book,
was drawn from the best selling book 
& is filled with super cute folded cards & recipes.


here she is making meringue frosted chocolate goodness










& for those of you
who might enjoy a moment of unrefined,
unsophisticated musical preferences,
enjoy~

19 comments:

Alyssa said...

Good morning paige! Love those cupcake cards...you always find the best things!!
I am catching up on your blog! I will have to skip over to your photo blog and check it out! Loving the new boots, my husband and I bought boots for each other for our anniversary, the third year is leather and I wear mine everyday, but I live in Texas :)
Hope all is well and thanks for sharing sweet Madison :)

Melanie said...

Good Morning, Friend!

First off.. Into the Mystic is one of my favorite songs of all time!!! In my humble opinion, you have fabulous taste in music!;)

Madi is such a beautiful young lady! You must be so proud of your gorgeous girls. Each of them has their own unique qualities, but they all remind me of you!

Have a wonderful day!
Melanie

{A*very} Blessed Life said...

Just got the droid2 last night. I have never had a high tech phone so my 5 year old had to show me how to use it. This actually my first time using it on the web. Isn't it great that we have tech savvy daughters. Where would we be without them. Love your tunes and sweet Madison. She can just come on over and bake cupcakes any time.

Farmgirl Paints said...

I wish so badly I was techy...just NOT! I dreamed about you last night. Georgia's been on my mind. Subconsiously I think you mentioning that house for sale on your block planted a seed...HA! Winter is kicking my pants this year.

home from vacation said...

those look like some damn good cupcakes. I hope a batch are on the way to me.
Except i'm purging this week.
uh huh.
Miss you.

Kelli said...

She is just adorable...as all of your girls are. I wish her all the best with her cheering and I wish I could come over for a cupcake :)

Biz said...

Do you need my mailing address so you can send me some of those beautiful cupcakes?
Haha.
Biz
http://busybizblogs.blogspot.com/

Susan R said...

Those eyes and those legs! If Bausch and Lomb could just market that beautiful color, I'd buy a lifetime supply. And Dang Girl! MG looks like she has some rockin' strong legs. She's adorable.

The Flying Bee said...

love that song...and those cupcakes look good!

Micah Jamie said...

Madison couldn't be more adorable. Love ZBB too!

Tammy said...

Hi Paige- Your girl Madi is a beauty! Love all those cheerleading pics...she looks like a PRO!! in the kitchen too! How great is having a teenager that loves to bake?!? AND a Techy!! she's a keeper! LOL! :-)
Zac Brown is my favorite! well one of my very favorites! I had Free the extended version on my playlist for a long time...thinking I need to add it back! What a great song right?
the whole albumn is awesome in my opinion.
I also love love love Steel Magnolias...loved that little clip you posted yesterday.
Have a great day! Keep running!
wish I could do 7 miles!
Tammy :-)
JUNK WILD

quintessence said...

Now there's a girl with spirit!! And clearly culinary (and technical) talent - she sounds like a delight to have around!

Courtney Walsh said...

oooh, I love the cupcake pictures and secretly pray my daughter loves baking (we do it together now) so there will always be lots of goodies around. (Like that's good for my waistline! yikes!) :)

I wish I was more techy. I just don't get so much of it. ugh.

glamour said...

Hi. I like your site.Would you like to make a link exchange?
My site http://handmade-wedding-jewelry.blogspot.com/ we both benefit from this

Sharla said...

Love your blog, but my heart skipped a beat when I saw you had posted the Zac Brown Band. We saw them in concert this winter - my FAVORITE band now.

Lorri said...

Hi there! Came across your blog and I love it! Your daughter is beautiful! Have a great week!

Unknown said...

Well hello there Miss Paige -

You know I love me some ZBB and feel exactly the same way you do about their early songs.

What a cutie your cheerleading girlie is, and a baker to boot! I think my 8 year old is on her way to being much like your Madison.

Hope you are having a fabulous week.
xo~Jill

Carol S. said...

Into the Mystic....one of my alltime favs. Right up there with almost all Neil Young (After the Goldrush). And I liked Zac Brown from when he was regional, like 4 years ago? Going to listen to Free now. Adorable cheerleading daughter, must be fun to watch them.

Anonymous said...

I so enjoyed your post today.....thanks for sharing.
Michelle from Canada.