Wednesday, February 18, 2009

the good , the bad, & the ugly

The good first
So Savannah's 16th birthday weekend was nothing short of 48 hours of fun & celebrations. Her bff, pictured below, planned the most wonderful party for her. No detail was overlooked. I told her many times how fortunate she is to have Bailey as her bestie.
What a precious precious girl.


Bailey had reserved her neighborhood clubhouse & about 2 dozen girls came, no boys--really, no boys, all glammed up for a fun night together. Decadent deserts were served on silver platters. Many things in shades of blush & bashful--oh Shelby would have been so proud.
One of the things I brought was these too cute party rings; of course, SMK first rolled her eyes at me but they ended up being quite the hit, especially when "all the single ladies" came on. & yes, i have spared you those pictures of the dance because....well, lets just leave it at that.





I made pina colada pink punch ( of course without the rum, what are you thinking).


I'm here to tell ya, back in my day, no 16 year old girls looked like this!


Came home later that day to find a precious gift wrapped all lovely & perfect from my dear friend.
Scrumptious lavender rose goodies inside-you can check out here
thank you sweetie, you are loved!
xo



now the bad
so , am i the last to know?
ShabbyChic filed chapter 11
go see for yourself

I'm telling you
that news, combined with my MOST favorite four mags, all ceased in publication
cottage living
country home
mary engelbreit's home companion
& domino
life for me will never be the same
& I say that with all seriousness my friends




& now the ugly
drum roll please
remember when i told you the overwhelming drama with my computer?
yeah, well turns out the virus thingy really was from the Russian Mafia
i am telling you the gosh honest truth

guess that explains why ,
when my "CSI-esque forensic guys"
(as i so affectionately refer to them)
didn't even crack a smile when i said
"so get back to me if you find out its linked with the mob"
while sportin my perfect barbie flip ponytail, thinking i was being all cute & funny.




I'm still waiting to hear back for the final word on exactly how & when this came in to my little ole' computer. My hubby was a missionary over in Russia about 15 years ago. I told him he shouldn't have smuggled so many matryoshka dolls back in to the USA~wink

On a positive note, I can provide you with quite the inservice on computer virus, malware & other misc malicious crud that can wreak havoc on your life.





17 comments:

Kristin said...

Oh, I love everything about this post! I am still working through the..., No, sixteen can't be so with Savannah as I just held her as a baby the other day with her big brown eyes looking sweetly at me! Savannah looks just beautiful. And...., it's all good, even when it doesn't feel like it. Does Clorox bleach work on computer situations such as these? Probably yes, in a not so good way as the mob would not use it for cleaning, so I will leave well enough alone, smile.

calicodaisy said...

Country Living, too? It's all too much!

Jeanne Oliver said...

First of all...I NEVER looked that cute at 16! Secondly, I am also so sad about Shabby Chic and all the magazines. I am truly a junkie and don't know what I am going to do. The thing that stinks is my husband even got a lot of them for me for Christmas:-( Thirdly, I can't believe about the virus. Those dolls are really popular in Russia;-) At least you had your cute ponytail!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

I don't think any of us looked like that at 16!! They are GORGEOUS!! Savannah's party looked like so much fun....the pink pina coladas and rings were the perfect touches for a sweet 16!!

I cannot believe your computer situation...scary stuff for sure, but it sounds like they got you all cleaned up!!

Hope you have a great week:)

Lisa

Kasey said...

well, all i have to say is your daughter us just gorgeous, and to have a bff like that is just wonderful.
Crazy about Rachel Ashwell's SC, just goes to show....
and thank goodness Country Living is still around, I know they've had alot of changes with editorial staff.
xo

Wendy said...

Those pics of Savannah's party are so fun! (You are right...16 olds look a lot more glamorous than they did when I was that age!)

And the stuff about your computer is just plain spooky. This internet is a great thing, but wow! can it ever be scary!!!!

melissa said...

What a fun sweet 16 party. All the girls look sooo pretty, and yes grown up!
LOVE the present. The bird is just lovely!
Sad about all the going out of business and the magazines that are no more :(

melissa

Anonymous said...

two things:

1) i'll refer to this post in 8 years because that is the superest funnest sweet 16 i've ever seen...and i LOVE no boys!!! girls rock!...save boys for another time! i'm so proud of them!

2) NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! on the russian mafia. i wanna know how that all went down...

blessings,
ashley

CMB said...

What a sweet 16th birthday party, she will cherish those memories with her girlfriends forever! I had not heard the news about Shabby Chic...sad times for home decor. Hope the computer issue is settled for good, sounded scary!

cathypentonatelier said...

Savannah is so gorgeous my dear friend!!! Have missed chatting with you lately but by the sound of it, it would be scary just to sit near the computer...Anyway love to you all from the other side of the world!!! C xx

Clare said...

the 16th birthday party looks like a blast! all of the girls look so cute, and i love those rings:)

ers said...

once again, you make me so excited to have a girl. i hope i am as fun of a mom as you are.i look up to you in so many ways. maybe one day, i will get to actually sit down and talk with you.

whoopsadasie said...

How fun for Savannah to have such a great event for her birthday that she will always remember.
I can't believe that about those mags...now what am I going to read.
And the mafia...holy cow! Are you going to be famous!? LOL!

RobinfromCA said...

The sweet 16 party looked fabulous! The rings a complete hit! None of us looked like that at 16 either!

I'm also in mourning over Shabby Chic filing Ch. 11 but have faith in Rachel to turn things around. And she is working on a new book! That's always good!

Good luck with the computer issues. I hope you've got some good virus protection going now.

Off to scout out new publications...

Kristi said...

Mary Englebreit Home Companion is gone? Now I am so sad.

Honey Bend Vintage said...

I am so sad about my favorite magazines closing shop. I told my husband there was a good reason for keeping all those back issues.

Bristol

Anonymous said...

I think, that you are not right. I suggest it to discuss. Write to me in PM, we will talk.