Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Well how sweet is that?

Sweet Jeanne nominated me for the "Nice Matters Award" & that my friends, is just too sweet. I'm going to use the quote from her blog, hope that's ok Jeanne--wink!
I have loved spending time on this blog & "meeting" so many amazingly creative, kind, warm & fun women from all over.
So, I will now nominate a few of my girlfriends for being so nice too!!
Warm fuzzies.....
Ps Thank you Jeanne ~~you are all of those qualities mentioned above!!
Oh--first, I wanted to share my super cute Whimsy kit from Kimberly. This kit is so fun--definitely high on the priority list when my girlies head back to school Monday.
Cari is such a super sweet blog friend & I have enjoyed many of her Etsy treats and given some as gifts too. When she heard my Emi was going to have a birthday party this weekend, sweet Cari offered to whip up one of her infamous birthday party hats & throw it in the mail before she left on her vacation.
Cari, you are my first Nice Matters nominee today!

My second nominee is Tracy from Junk2jewels. I love this girl! Found her on eBay a few years ago & lucky for us, she has a super fun blog filled lately with great beauty tips. Tracy always has an encouraging word & her creations are too die for!! Below is her fleur bottle sign...she knows I'm patiently waiting for more creations....wink!!

Thirdly I would like to nominate Rebecca. I love how Rebecca has used her love for the Lord combined with vintage findings to create wonderful kits & collages. Her blog is always uplifting.
If she lived next door I would be a lucky girl!!
Here I have shown one of my favorite tags by her...so sweet!
Lastly I will nominate one of my life long dearest friends, Kristin.
Kristin is one of the most selfless people I have ever been blessed to know. Thankfully, she does live almost next door! She uses her talents to create & inspire me daily. Not a day goes by without a kind word from her.
Love you friend!!

Wow, nothing like sowing good seeds to make me feel all gushy inside!! Especially since my hubby is driving my "vintage" suburban home from the shop after a bill to the tune of....oh, i'm digressing from my good mood.

This summer I painted my kitchen a neutral creamy color, much to my 4 girls dismay. They much preferred the intense Benjamin Moore Raspberry. But I have found it to be so soothing & calming. It now flows much better with the rest of my neutral home. Also makes is easy to use many different colors of table cloths , plates, decorations, etc. Here are just a few of my neutral images....


Thanks again Jeanne for being so sweet & encouraging. Little things like that just mean so much.

Yes, nice does matter!



8 comments:

Kristin said...

That is so very sweet! Thank you and my sentiments of nice are often a reflection of you my friend.

Jeanne said...

Hi Paige! Love your post with all the pictures of your Nice Matters nominees! Great idea!

sugar said...

sweet post. love the creamy kitchen. i am a white finatic. what color did you choose? i've been thinking of redoing the whole house in linen white by benjamin moore. but i think i want something whiter. is that a word?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the nomination YOU are too sweet!!! You make it so easy..."It's nice to be nice to the nice!" I know that's from a tv show but I can't remember which one, MASH, maybe?
Love the frame behind the party hat, so pretty!!! You made it even better!!!!
Did I tell you that "Cari" is a knickname for Caroline? It was my maternal grandmother's name. I knew we were going to be good friends, we already had so much in common!

Anonymous said...

Hi Paige!!

So you got the Sweet Manners award huh - so not surprised! I would get the sarcastic wit award. heh Not as impressive. I see you ordered a kit from Kimberly Kwan - isn't she cool! You will love it. Oh - and that was my husband's father sitting next to me in church. :) My parents will be here in October from TX. :)
Call me sometime :) and you can teach me some of those nice manners! :)

Anonymous said...

You deserve it!!! I've loved you for a very long time
and can say always the sweetest...all my love, Jennifer

Kim -today's creative blog said...

I love all the neutral tones. You did good.

sexy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.