Sunday, May 01, 2011

Savannah Bee Company


 another great destination that we enjoyed during our spring break run to Savannah Georgia

there are multiple locations in savannah.
we visited two.
one on river street & one on west broughton.
both were very charming.

 the w. broughton street shop featured a gorgeous bar area
filled with stunning florals
& delicious treats with which to sample all the honey flavors.

honey mint limeade
or
orange blossom cheesecake anyone?







i loved the colors mixed with the cotton displays.





 the fresh flowers in the large glass urn-
stunning!


i love the signature bottles...
we left with a multitude of options!


the following was from the smaller shop on the river.
cute little childrens area-






 doesn't this facial scrub sound heavenly?



i have a yummy little grilled salmon recipe 
that includes some of savannah bee company's grill honey to share
with you too!


ps--i found a southern living feature on
the founder, Ted Dennard,
who happened to be in the shop the day we visited.
i love ted's quote
“Honey is like concentrated sunshine to me".

 (image via southern living)

11 comments:

Kat said...

I ADORE the Savannah Bee Company. It's one of my favorite places in Savannah. Their Broughton St. store is absolutely gorgeous. I Love that quote too, it's fabulous! Ah... these pictures are absolutely stunning. They could seriously "Bee" in a magazine spread. Love your photography, Paige. Love you too! xo

a' la mode said...

I used to go there all of the time when I covered savannah as part of my sales territory (lived in ATL).....so glad you enjoyed! FUN TRIP =) xoxo shelli

traci said...

what a lovely shop that is. that's it, i am gonna have to go there soon.

Pixie said...

What an amazing place! Beautiful photos.

Micah Jamie said...

Gorgeous! Honey is one of my favorite food groups ;). Putting this on my list of places to visit when I'm in Savannah.

Jessica said...

I think that I need to make a trip to Savannah! I love his quote about honey being concentrated sunshine. That is so true, I love honey : )

Beautiful photos!

Cynthia@Beach Coast Style said...

Thanks for posting about your visit I love honey have been a fan of it since I was little girl. I had not heard of this company before but will take a little cruise over and pick me up a couple bottles of the "peace" honey. It's so sweet and neat in the bottle.

LuLu said...

They are one of my favorite products!!! Oh what a fabulous treat to visit the actual store!!!! Your trip looked absolutely fantastic!
Happy May to you,
XO,
LuLu

{A*very} Blessed Life said...

Oh goodness me! This place looks divine! It could be those rockin' photos you took, though. Another must stop place for this girl to see. Hope you are having a great start to your week!

Bravehearted Beauty {formerly LLH Designs} said...

Talk about taking honey to the next level! So creative and sophisticated!

Xo,
Linsey

stampernancy@hotmail.com said...

I was lucky enough to visit Charleston SC last month (from Nova Scotia, Canada) and went to the Savannah Bee Co. on King Street - tasted as many as possible and decided on the Sourwood flavour - yummy - hopefully next trip south will be or bee to Savannah! thanks for the tour - Nancy