Monday, May 02, 2011

Ted's Honey-Glazed Salmon


as promised, i have a Savannah Bee Company recipe to share with you.

1 lb fresh salmon filet
1 Tbs white wine vinegar
2 tsp dijon mustard
2 tsp Savannah Bee Company Grill Honey
fresh ground pepper & salt
1 Tbs olive oil
fresh rosemary
1 Tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice

preheat grill to 350
( if you use a cedar grilling plan, prepare as directed. i don't)
make slits in salmon along the grain every 1-2 inches
pour vinegar & lemon juice over filet, coat both sides.

mix evoo, mustard & grill honey in a small saucepan over low heat.
blend mixture into an emulsioin.

pour 1/2 over fish
strip the leaves of the rosemary into filet slits.

place fish skin side down on plank, or grill
pour remaining mixture over filet

salmon should reach an internal temp of 135-145 ( approx 15 min)
drizzle grill honey liberally over top & turn up heat to 450
after 1-2 minutes remove filets & let stand for 5 minutes.



i also served steamed green beans with feta & dill

1 (12-oz) bag microwavable fresh green beans
3–5 sprigs fresh dill, finely chopped
2 oz feta cheese
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup Greek vinaigrette

Microwave beans in bag on HIGH 4–5 minutes until tender.
Chop dill (2 tablespoons); place in medium bowl. 
Chop feta coarsely or crumble while adding to dill.
Remove beans from packaging and immediately plunge into cold water to stop the cooking process; drain and pat dry.
Add beans to dill and feta; stir in pepper and dressing. 
Chill until ready to serve. Stir once before serving.

enjoy!



did you know that tupelo honey is only harvested
during two weeks in the springtime?

when we were in savannah, the fresh tupelo for 2011 was not yet available, 
but should be released today!



winter white honey...i shared this image several months ago,
but it's worth repeating...seriously delicious!!


14 comments:

Kat said...

Oh.my.goodness!!!! That looks DELICIOUS!!! I think we need to hang out one day with a gigantic stack of cookbooks... sounds heavenly. I have the Savannah Tea Honey and the Cheese Honey, I haven't tried the others... so yummy!

Shannon said...

Thanks for the recipe, it sounds and looks delicious!!

Marci @All Things Wonderful said...

That Recipe looks fab! Yum.

Alecia said...

Looks amazing! I'm gonna have to order some of these yummy products...I hope they ship! :-)

Hood Canal Gal said...

Yummy Paige! I have to try this one!

I got lost in your blog today, again, and I baked the chicken in a crock pot with broth, cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper. I shredded it and used it in a taco salad, healthy and delish.

Simple thoughts is one of my favorite stops in blog land...

hugs
Megan

Privet and Holly said...

Wonderful memories
from this little
Savannah gem!
xx Suzanne
PS: I've got salmon
on the menu this week;
going to try this.

I love raw honey.... said...

yum!!!

Lolo @ The Adventures of Stig and Lolo said...

I didnt even know there was a certain time honey was harvested....I just figured it was year round!
I really love Salmon. This recipe is a nice twist on what we regularly do :)
Also, I am sooo gonna add feta to my green beans! Never ever thought of it!!
Thanks XOX

tessie said...

This is how much I love your blog...I hate fish, but I still read today's post!!! How's that?! And I want to thank you, thank you for the book I won on your site and the sweet note you wrote inside of it. I have enjoyed it so much! I am now sharing it with friends...with the reminder to return it to me! Cindy

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

Okay it's official. I want to come stay at your house, sip iced tea on your deck, eat your cooking, and hang out. I think there is no way someone could leave your place unrested!!

kimberlysmoody said...

Your dinner looks divine! Thanks for the salmon recipe, always looking for ways to prepare this super food. I ordered the grilling honey and can't wait to try it!!

Bravehearted Beauty {formerly LLH Designs} said...

There's that lovely butter dish making another appearance! I've got the same one. :)

Xoxo,
Linsey

Anne Lorys said...

Mmmmm, this looks SO amazingly yummy!

Brenda said...

I tried some of that Winter White honey last time I was in Savannah. It was delicious!

Can't wait to try this green bean recipe! I have no imagination when it comes to sides, so I appreciate good ideas.