Friday, May 13, 2011

her 8th grade letter & "a photo shoot" ...sorta



My sweet emi. I am so proud of you. It’s hard for me to believe that you are just weeks from wrapping up middle school and moving on to high school. So many times I look at you, I catch myself thinking you are still my angel baby, carrying around all your things. And smiling.  Always smiling.

You have always been my happy, sanguine child. Just like daddy Gregg and his granddaddy. Both of them always had such a happy disposition. You look just like him. I saw it just the other day. You made a face & something with your mouth made me think…wow, she still looks just like him. I think it was a special gift to me that the Lord created you with so many similarities to daddy Gregg.  I know he is so proud of you too. 

I have often said that you have such a loyal heart. You remind me of Lucy in The Chronicles of Narnia, & not just because of her cute bob! Just like Lucy, you always find the good in people.  You are so quick to forgive and you never hold a grudge.  You have a loyal heart and a tender spirit. Your sweet, cheerful disposition is delightful. You are encouraging and genuinely make others feel loved.

I love your that you have a heart for the Lord.  I love to see you worship Him. The scripture says He delights over you & surely He does that indeed. I love that you have a tenderness for spiritual things. Each morning I smile when I hear you getting ready for school while listening to worship songs. His words and His promises will take root in your heart and then blossom through you while you are away.

Speaking of being away~ Dad & I are thrilled that you are going on your first mission trip to Peru!!! I can hardly wait for you to go & come home to share all about everything!  I know the Lord is going to awesome things both in and through you.  I’m so proud of you for going. For being available. For serving and loving on others. You will be a light. You will be the hands of feet of Jesus.

You are going to have a great time in high school! My prayer for you is that you will continue to be that loyal fun friend to those that the Lord has placed in your life, but that you will also make wise choices.  I pray you will be a light to those around you, drawing others to the gracious love of Jesus. I also pray that you guard your heart.

You are full of purpose and destiny.  You are fearfully and wonderfully made.  You are beautiful and have His heart for His people. No weapon formed against you will ever prosper. You are loved, cherished and adored.

I’m so proud to be Emi’s mom. Everyone loves you sweet girl.  I pray that I learn to love you better. I pray you know that I am always here for you.  & most definitely, I will always support you and be your #1 cheerleader. 

I love you angel baby! 
mama





i have to hand it to sweet emi.
the other night she was quite the good sport when her older sissy had fun during a little impromptu middle school-style photo shoot. for those of you with middle schoolers, you might recognize some of the ... ummm....poses!












(blogger has been acting up for the last 48 hours...i lost any of the earlier comments that had been left.
thank you for your sweet words)

12 comments:

Kristin said...

Just sweetness all the way through.
I have always had a special place in my heart for Emi. She is going to soar...just watch her!

Loving the images. Beautiful and too much fun.

Deborah said...

What a lovely poignant letter to your sweet daughter.

Love the pictures. I'm quite familiar with the "middle school poise" being the mother of three grown daughters and grandmother of a 14 year old granddaughter.

Kelli said...

What a sweet letter...something to cherish. Your girls are so fun with their poses.

Arriving said...

So sweet, as someone who lost her daddy when she was five I can tell you that the absolute best gifts in life were when I was being compared to him. To know that he is still here, in me.... kind of makes the world go round. Beautiful letter. -Jen

Jboo said...

What a sweet sweet girl and wonderful letter! The photos are so cute and fun -- those seniors think they are so funny, don't they! Adorable! Enjoy!

Janet

Unknown said...

And yet again, I am crying!!! Paige, stop would ya!! ;)

Seriously though, I love these letters to your daughters...every word is so heartfelt.

Emi sounds like such a wonderful girl....you know I love reading about your girls, they clearly have so much of you in them, and yet they are also clearly totally their own people. And I love that you see all the things that make them unique, you are supportive and so loving. Lucky lucky girls, no wonder your girls are already doing so brilliantly - life is always full of opportunities when you have a solid foundation, it's what enables you to fly.

And love those photos too, you can tell she is being a good sport!! And you look beautiful :)

Happy Friday lovely xx

Privet and Holly said...

Love
pride
heart swell
pushing
and pulling
back to the
nest ~
You have
tied up all
those mama
feelings, here,
Paige....
Loving you and
your sweet girls!
xx Suzanne

LuLu said...

You are such a gift. Your letters to your daughters need to be collected into a book....they are so tender my heart swells knowing they are making such an impaCt on their lives. You inspire me,
Gorgeous photos!!!!!
xo,
LuLu

{A*very} Blessed Life said...

Beautiful letter Paige! I tell ou, your girls all so blessed ot have you as their Momma! On another note, wasn't it just a wee bit FREAKY to have Blogger down. I mean, nothing that was life changing or anything, but I started to have a slight panic attack for a brief second over it. Of course I snapped out of it with a whole self inflicted Cher in Moonstruck kind of slap (just kidding). But I am certainly glad Blogger is up and running again. Have a fab weekend, Friend!

Coastal Health and Home said...

Dear Paige,

Beautiful tribute to Emily.

I hope she has a wonderful
experience in Peru.

Here's to Savannah and Bailey!

Such an exciting weekend ahead for all of you.

Be present!

Cheers,

Coastal Blue Ocean

Alecia said...

Such sweet words you speak into your girls' lives. Love the pics...you all are precious....Bailey & Savannah are crackin' me UP!!! Those are the total middle schooler poses...Haha!!!

Kelly said...

Love the middle school poses... I have an 8th grader, as well, and these look all too familiar:-)

Sweet letter!