Sunday, September 04, 2011

jcrew goodness




(imges via jcrew)

Have you received the latest J.Crew and Crew Cuts catalogs?
if not, you're in for a real treat.
gorgeous
exquisite images
filled with ballerinas from the Mariinsky Ballet School
in Russia
and other lovely images from Saint Petersburg.



Crew Cuts features fantastic images of
The Winter Palace &
St. Basil's Cathedral.


Dan lived in Moscow for a while,
years ago,
working with Campus Crusade.
His daily walk took him right through Red Square,
walking right past St. Basil's Cathedral.

The day these catalogs came i was blown away by how stunningly
beautiful the buildings were and how clear and bright the sky appeared.
Whenever i think of Russia
i think of a dark, cold place.
while it is dark and cold during their long winters,
there are obviously many gorgeous gorgeous places there.


i think my favorite shot is of the little girl with all the matryoshka dolls.
dan brought back many sets of these little maiden dolls.
when we first married, the girls would spend much time
playing with these precious dolls.






i believe there are few things
more beautiful than watching 
a graceful ballerina.
madison danced for years.
i miss those days watching her on stage.
these wonderful catalogs inspired me to dive back in the archives
& pull out a few of my favorites.
sweet memories.








17 comments:

Debby said...

B
eautiful pictures, yours and jcrew. SO nice to see a catalog that isn't making babies look sexy. Love the sweaters with the tutus.

Charissa Steyn said...

What stunning pictures...ballet just speaks to my heart for some reason:)

Susan R said...

Do the tutu and tights come with the sweater, if so, I'll take it. However, I want my body to look and dance like the gals in the photos if I buy the sweater too. Do you think that's asking too much from a sweater?
The photos are wonderful indeed. I love Matryoshka dolls.

Jodi said...

Beautiful pictures; I love ballet.

Beka has done dance since she was 4; but has decided this year to sit out. I am kind of sad; I always love to watch her dance.

Take care, paige!

jodi

Kat said...

Those are gorgeous. I love Madi's ballerina pictures. She's such a beauty!!!

SoSoBella said...

i just love it. the photo's are magnificent. i actually read an article regarding the all the dark studio's that were in russia. and when they found this one, the lighting was so wonderful, they loved it! they are beautiful for sure.

Unknown said...

So beautiful & elegant, thanks for sharing :) X

Shannon said...

Love those pictures of Madison dancing, especially the one of their cute ballet slippers with colorful tutus.
I am looking forward to doing some cozy Fall shopping and we have a JCrew way too close to us ;)
Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!

ellieshine said...

Oh Paige - I just love all the photos of Madison dancing! gorgeous! you must miss dance a bit . . .

I've always wanted to go to Russia but the closest I've been is Ukraine (still very beautiful and a bit of that gloomy sort of aura) my little Tia just started Ballet and we just found out all the little Ballerina's get to perform with the professional company for the Nutcracker performance - I can't tell you how excited I am!

xo ellie

Jennifer said...

I was so thrilled when I got my new jcrew and crewcuts catalog. One of everything please. I agree with Debbie- so glad it shows women and kids as classy and sosphiscated and not half dressed. I recently just blogged about the issue- as it terrifies me as a mom with a young daughter!

Half Gaelic, Half Garlic! said...

That has to be one of the best catalogs EVER:) The pictures are AWESOME..... but do not hold a candle to the beauty that you captured of Miss Madison backstage!

Happy Labor Day~

xoxoxo,

Lisa

Tiffini said...

oh to be able to stretch like that. Don't think this old body could without breaking something;)
love love love the photography and I always thought Russia to be a dark place too..don't know why?
xo

Anonymous said...

This has nothing to do with Jcrew, although I do sincerely enjoy a nice cup of coffee and perusing the magazine... BUT your seaside posts make me want to pack up and move home (destin) ASAP.. just read books and sit on the beach and become a total recluse. I also ran the seaside 1/2 this past year with my sister and we will be running again this year - maybe we'll see you there!!

alive and well said...

waaaaaa.
i want to shop crew cuts!!!
I think i'll start some ballet classes soon.

Sibi said...

I clutched it to my chest the day it came in the mail.

Beyond beautiful. And brought back so many memories.

I have to tell you that seeing those pictures of Madison in her pointe shoes and costumes just makes me love you all the more.

Over ten YEARS of ballet and dance and recitals and classes and not one picture. Can you imagine???

What I would give.

I do have a few of the packaged pictures that the class did at recital every year. But the images you have captured of Madison are just so incredibly beautiful and breathtaking. She is SO Blessed!!!

You are SUCH a good mama.

xoxox
Sibi

Daily Tales of Sugar and Spice said...

i might need to come over and play in her closet of ballet stuff

Men Tuxedos said...

Lovely photos! The two little girl is so cute with their white swan outfit.