Sunday, September 11, 2011

"evil is real. and so is courage" President Bush

 President George Bush gave what, in my mind, had to be one of his best speeches
yesterday as he dedicated the memorial in Shanksville.
He said & i quote, that "one of the lessons learned on 9.11
is
that evil is real.
and so is courage."

i believe each of us will be forever changed by what occured that horrific day.
the stories of bravery,
courage,
and the thousands of selfless acts of heroism
will forever inspire us
& make us each so proud to be Americans.


My heart & prayers go out to the families that lost a loved one that day.
There are no words....

~~~~~~
We will never forget...


8 comments:

Between You and Me said...

never, ever, ever forget that day......
so grateful for the courage that rose up in those that are our heroes.....

Kerri said...

Today is a bittersweet day. So proud to honor those that died for us on that day, yet so sad that there is so much evil and hatred in the world. I went to church today and prayed for peace.

Yolanda said...

So moving and so grateful at the same time. I see both evil and courage in my job as a nurse but the courage always perserves.

Courtney Walsh said...

I just this second realized that I need to go buy a flag. We need one on our house. For days like today, of course, but for every day.

Courage IS real...it's just sad that it sometimes takes evil to make us see that...

Privet and Holly said...

Never, never,
never. Tears
have been flowing
all day...all
week...Still hard
to wrap my mind
around such evil,
10 years later.
Love that quote!
xx Suzanne

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

I will never forget the day the world changed, and all of the brave ones who put their lives on the line, and those who died not ever really knowing the extent of what happened. It was a day of evil and courage, yes. God bless America.

Anonymous said...

You have a beautiful blog! :)

Mandy Lynne

Bravehearted Beauty {formerly LLH Designs} said...

I loved that speech. Almost posted it on my blog yesterday. I still have a soft spot in my heart for him. So thankful God gave us a president with strong convictions for that time in our history.

Love,
Linsey