Monday, February 06, 2012

weekends & my declaration of love for instagram


{shopping with sweet em who told me, "we had a great weekend together didn't we?". priceless}

 for the majority of my adult life
i've worked weekends & holidays.

i know...cry me a river right?
i had a job , a good job & for years the schedule i worked actually worked for us...
but i was so tired of being gone almost every saturday or sunday.

since making a major career move
i have loved being home & available for just whatever arises on the weekends.
if savannah pulls in to town unannounced...i'm good
if i find out jessica the founder of noonday is in town....i'm good
if my girls want to head out shopping...i'm good
if my handsome man wants a breakfast date...i'm good.

while i often have a photo session on the weekends, they only take a few hours
& are a big difference from leaving between 5-6 in the morning & pulling in sometime between 4-5pm.

this was one of those weekends were i was able to spend a little quality time with most of my family.
(smk will be home saturday!)

several months ago my phone broke.
i hated to pony up the money for a new phone but 
let me tell...i love my new phone. love it!
the whole instagram thing has revolutionized my ability to capture
even more moments!
as if...


a few things i realized as i worked on this post
1.  this will not be fascinating to the vast majority of you
 2. i have definitely violated the arbitrary number of images
allowed per blog post. 
again.
3. i actually liked madonna's like a prayer
& the drum line from last night's halftime. but that's all.
the whole tony basil-esque/highschool musical cheer thing was awful.
unrelated. i know.
4. i wear black leggings & boots way too much
& maybe even my "feed 1" shirt too!
5. i hopefully will never eat another thanksgiving meal
alone
in the breakroom at work!

 {breakfast date. the piedmont for him, the hollywood & a mimosa for me}

{west elm bliss at atlantic station? where have i been?}

{sprite zeros cute new blue can}

{trying to replace my usual lunch 4-5x week with juiced goodness}

{ love my nora flemming from carol & company}

{the tiny dancer}

{proving to savannah that i still cook}

{cute shoes are the best}

{passion city church with my favorite 10 year old}

{ she learns to drive, like the 2 before her....with dad!}


{the day my new site launches & there's the shirt. again}


{heading to ballet. wearing the shirt again. good grief!}


{reading Heaven is for Real on her nook}


{first place in her first DECA competition!}

{twins}


{makes my kindle wish it were a nook}


{fashion statement}

{things are a tad out of control in my little world}

{he walks in the door & starts washing dishes. no lie}

{in the kitchen}

{chickfila love}

{she's a rockstar #presidential scholar}

{first day on her new job}

{first day with her own checking account}


{her nails match her shoes. & yes, she drives in those}

{good grief, do i ever wear anything else?}
 {it's here!!!}

 {wrist adornment over achiever}

~~~
"Bless the Lord, O my soul
O my soul
Worship His holy name
Sing like never before
O my soul
I'll worship Your holy name"
matt redman

30 comments:

Unknown said...

1. Your posts never fail to make me smile!!!

2. I love that you are now "free" at week-ends, I can only imagine how wonderful that is :)

3. That Dan is a truly wonderful man :)

4.Love you & your girls.

5. Those shoes are incredible! I love them but would never EVER be able to drive in them....impressive!!

Great post Paige :) XX

Heather said...

I love these pictures! :)

Simply Jen said...

Seriously Paige...you truly make me smile. I LOVE seeing all the pictures! I haven't ventured into instagram...yet!
Hope you have a great week and I'm so happy for you and your "new" weekends.
LOVE those heels! But at 36, don't think I could pull them off! Ugh.
Tootles,
Jen xo

Shannon said...

Love all these pictures Paige. It's always fun to see daily life pics and yours never disappoint. Love sweet Em's words she said to you about your weekend together, wonderful Mommy moment :)

Deborah said...

Love the pictures and the fact that your weekends/holidays are your own now. I'm sure I'm last to saddle up but I'm gonna give instagram a try.

Kelli said...

Never too many pictures...especially of your adorable family. My husband is now free on the weekends and we LOVE it. I wear the same thing on the weekends too...same pants, same t-shirts. Hey I've been to Atlantic Station once and it was so nice. I had the best meal at Copeland's Cheesecake Bistro! I love the picture of Dan doing dishes :) Way to go Savannah and a 4.0 her first semester...that's awesome. Your girls are just wonderful young ladies!

Lolo @ The Adventures of Stig and Lolo said...

I love your posts!!! You are all amazing peeps :)
That Noonday belt with crochet flowers (I think its a belt?!) is OMG...
Oh, and a man that does dishes is supreme sexiness ;)
XOX!

Debby said...

Such a cute post. Happy family and happy week-end. I bet you don't miss working week-ends for sure.

Heather said...

I'm just so glad that you just gave me a new way to wear my 147 million orphans shirt! You are so darling!
And to answer your question... we are not in atl... we are in texas! :) but atl is surely on our bucket list and also passion city church for sure! And your comment on my blog last week made me very very happy!!!! :) xo

christina said...

Paige,
I know that you love instagram as much as I do, but you also should check out the hipstamatic app for iphone. I love it too!

Kim said...

Where, where, WHERE, did you find that lovely, large, silver cross on your wrist? I simply must have one... on your new site, maybe??

Kat said...

Instagram is super fun, so is Camera +. Love the pictures and the post. hopefully will get a post up on my sorry neglected blog soon. So happy for you that you get to spend your weekends with your precious family!

christina said...

i am so proud of your girls! and those shoes, honey, yes!
xo

Jboo said...

You all have so much fun! Love this post!!!

Elizabeth said...

Where does Madison shop? She looks adorable ALL the time. I want her houndstooth skirt and that yellow jacket.

Anita said...

Love your blog, love your family, love your style....just love!

3 Peanuts said...

Love this fun post. I downloaded instagram this weekend but have NO clue how to use it.

I do not have an I Phone 4 so my camera stinks but I still want to be in on the fun.

Love all the jewelry.

I am wearing a lot of leggings myself these days. You rock the leggings girl. I feel like I need longer shirts to hide by big thighs and tush!!!

Between You and Me said...

you can NEVER have too many pictures.
your jewelry is better than awesome.
your girls are gorgeous.
the picture of dan the man with caroline sitting at the table, both in red shirts is precious.

the fact that he came home and immediately began washing dishes reminds me of my man.

we've been blessed, girl.

Anonymous said...

What can I say..
I loved all of the photos..
I am happy that ya have weekends off..
Congrats to your college girl..
The twins are too cute..
And my word how does she drive in those shoes..
Your arm of jewelry is to die for..
Have a great week..

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

I just wanna come hang out with you girls. I just DO!

(OH... and I got an email confirmation that my man bought me something cute from your site!!! Do you think I should let him know that he put in my email and I know about it now?? LOL Can't wait to get it!)

Wendy said...

I love these kinds of posts...so fun to see a glimpse into your life! What a hubby to walk in and wash dishes! Way to go Savannah on the pres. scholar! And lovin' those platform heels...adorable!! (just to comment on a few of your fab photos)

Tanya said...

Love those shoes! From Target, right? I could never where them, but on Saturday I saw two high school girls rush up to them kick off their boots, and throw their bags in the middle of the aisle and immediately try them on. It was wildly entertaining. Oh, to be young again. They are a hit in Texas too.
Love your posts as always!

Catherine said...

Hi Paige, I've been following you on Instagram for a while and always enjoy your pics! You can follow me too at caterio!

brockey said...

Love that post.... It's 6:00 am and you start my day off. You always brighten my day. Can't wait to get my package from Noonday : )

giosmama26@yahoo.com said...

I love all the pictures and I always enjoy reading your posts.

On your last picture you have the cross bracelet on. I looked at your page but didn't see it. Is that your own that you added or are you going to sell that at some point? I LOVE all the goods. I have an order list going. Can't wait to place an order.

SSM said...

Hello Paige,

I've moved and I hope that you come visit me. :)

I'm working on my first real post.

I'm so glad that you were the first blogger that I discovered
when I googled shabby chic to start decorating my then "future" baby girls nursery.

Thank you for encouraging me to start my own blog so many moons ago.

I love that picture of you with that "naked" drink.

Would love the recipe to that dish that you displayed?!

Congratulations on your website launch.

It makes a difference when you truly believe in the products that you represent.

That jewelry is so YOU!

Keep those beautiful pictures coming that make us feel that we really do know you even though we've never met.

Thank you for being so REAL!

Enjoy your day! :)

SSM said...

ps the recipe that I'm referring to is the meaty dish.

I also forgot to congratulate
SMK on her recognition. :)

Alecia said...

Fun post...you're stinkin' adorable! You've got those amazing runners legs so rock them in those leggings & boots! :-) Maddie's nails matching her shoes...she's my kinda girl..sooo CUTE! I love all the pics...I love hearing about all the great places to eat & shop and just seein all the fun you're havin' with your fam...keep the pics comin'!

BTDub...I LOVE the shirt!

Jodi said...

You are just so cute....i am so happy for you and your new adventure. I check out the site often, but can't decide what to buy! :)

I get such a kick out of your instagrams...they are the best!:) I would love to get the iphone...maybe someday!:0

Take care, Paige!
Jodi

paperjunk-lc said...

I know you're selling jewelry now is that beautiful blue wrap cross bracelet something in your jewelry line? I've scoured your website and didn't find it.
I pinned that pic when you first posted and have been on quest to find but with no luck.

Follow all your posts and wanted to thank you for always brightening my day with your great pics and stories of your beautiful girls.

Thanks,
Lucinda