Thursday, February 23, 2012

birthdays, salons, sorority events & such

 between valentines day & the first week of april
we celebrate three of the girls birthdays
valentines day
my birthday
& our anniversary...
and this year, throw in a Pearl Event & a half marathon too!

savannah came in town the weekend prior to her birthday.
we grilled steaks & enjoyed just hanging out with her.
no offense to her friends, but since no one else was in town
we got her all to ourselves.

which included shopping for cowboy boots.
surprisingly we didn't get kicked out.

a quick run through anthropologie & free people.


& shopping for trevor the perfect bow tie.
nothing says preppy southern frat boy like a seersucker bowtie! 
seriously.



valentines week was pretty busy with a photo session & the launch party
( which i can't wait to share with ya'll too)
caroline & i whipped up what will be the last valentines day box we'll make in our home.
sniff.
 we sat around & played table topics, the family version.
great game by the way!
to the above question,
madi chose the royal family
caroline chose justin beiber's family
& em chose the kardashians. shocker.
hello to completely defining each of my girls in a nutshell!


dan totally surpirsed me with a gift card for a day at the spa
THE coolest spa/salon here in atlanta
( in my opinion)
& currently featured in the latest issue of where women create.
i'm planning on saving that as a post race treat!
( & by the looks of the above photo, i might need to splurge on a manicure too)


 saturday was mom/daughter day at smk's sorority.
the event was watching the Gym Dogs perform!
i love driving to athens & especially love driving down milledge & seeing
all the sorority and fraternity homes.
this one isn't savannah's but it's one of my faves & i was sitting at a red light... so there.





the pearl event is officially sold out!
if you have a minute, i highly encourage you to read 
wow...that's just all i can say is wow.
her heart to love on & encourage women
is like none other.


& since i'm all over the place today
i thought i'd go wild & share unrelated screen captures.
during Passion 2012
christy nockels was sporting THE coolest tunic.
ever.
i tweeted about "the" tunic
which incidentally made it on to the live twitter feed.
(bottom right. thank you very much)
followed up with a tweet from big mama
who is the knower of all things fashionable & cool
& she said...."looks like free people to me".
why didn't i think of that.
of course.
so...hopefully coming soon i'll score one of these beauties
(sadly i'm not the tiny size of christy so i might look more like a tent wearer, however...)
don't you love it!


& finally....
the winners of the Make Something Beautiful Ecourse
are 
gina
& debby!!
congratulations!
i'll send your names to teresa & then i'll let ya'll email her via the link on her site!

~~~~

"And on that day when my strength is failing
The end draws near and my time has come
Still my soul will sing Your praise unending
Ten thousand years and then forevermore"
matt redman

15 comments:

gina smith said...

Yay yay yay!!!! Thank you sweet Paige, can't wait for this class.

Debby said...

You sure have alot to celebrate all at once. As 2 year old Quinny would say," Happy To You." Love the picture of your hubby waiting patiently on the girls trying on boots. He has to be patient with all the girls. Caroline is styling these days.
I think that I won.....I am so excited. I have been wanting to try some new things. This sounds like a great opportunity. I am excited. Now who can I get to pose nude for me, hah, maybe one of my dogs.
I am having a Shabby Apple giveaway.....stop over and sign up.
Thanks.

Jboo said...

Wow -- what an action-packed post! LOVE your girls styles -- so unique and perfect for each. I think I need some style lessons! :)

College time looks so fun! You are the luckiest Mom!

Have fun at the Pearl Event - I know you will shine!! If only I lived a lot closer, I'd be there cheering you on. Will send you good vibes through the atmosphere! :)

xoxo
janet

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

I can't wait to hear how the Pearl event goes!!

Alecia said...

Man...lots of fun going on in your house for the next several weeks! Shortly after all the b-day & anniversary celebrating we get to celebrate REALLY big with Easter!!!

Any running tips you have, I would appreciate...I'm working on the couch to 5K...never been a runner before so any insight is welcomed!

PS...you could TOTALLY rock that tunic...I can see you in that with some leggings & boots...adorable!

Susan R said...

Love the photos. Did you end up buying any boots? I'm on the hunt, but I'm ULTRA picky about cowboy boots, so I haven't found the right pair yet.
Our month for celebrations and being outta cash is March (7 birthdays).
Did Savannah get her hair cut? It looks cute.

Brian @ Raining Crumbs said...

Wow...you looked stunning. All of you guys did. And yes, the seersucker, excellent touch!

You look like you had a packed week! awesome. Would love to have you share some of your cute kids stories on our site sometime.

Between You and Me said...

i love that one of your girls would live with the kardashians...i admit...i watch them. :)

it's a sickness that i really enjoy!

we HAVE to meet each other sooner than later. for real!!!!!!! it'll happen, i just know it!

Lindsey said...

Looks like it was a wonderfully busy week! I love the idea of a mother daughter event watching gymnastics..I may need to pass that onto the girls at Bama.

So thrilled that the Pearl Event sold out!!

Bravehearted Beauty {formerly LLH Designs} said...

Just visited your friend Sibi's blog for the first time and couldn't believe the words God had there for me. BUT GOD are my favorite two words in the entire Bible, and there they were...on a line all by themselves. GOd is SO GOOD!!!! Wish I could come hug your neck in Nashville!

xo,
Linsey

Jodi said...

You are a busy girl! I just love hearing what y'all are up to! :) I love the photo's from the boot shop; too funny! :)

take care!
jodi

Tiffany said...

LOVE this post...lots going on in your world..all good!
:)

Anonymous said...

I love your blog. I love your family because of your blog. You seem to have raised unbelievable girls. I am so impressed....ALL THE TIME. And I am faithfully trying to raise my own Christian children.
What I dont understand is how one of your kids said they would want to live with the Kardashians???
And it's not so much that they named a pop culture family...but how? Do you let them watch that show? I am actually very curious. It seems so hard these days to raise decent kids. And you really seem to be doing it. But do you all have People magazines around the house...OK Magazine and all that junk? Do you let your kids watch TMZ and such shows? I am so confused. I do not let my kids watch that junk. I will NOT let them watch shows such as Glee. How can I teach them one thing, but then let them watch that type of smut? The same goes for the Kardashians to me. So do your kids just kind of "know" about that family from the media...and love them because they have 3 girls and are similiar to you all? (Cuz that is where the similarities would end!!! They are as far from a Christian family as I can tell....or at least they act like it!)
So can you let me know how you monitor magazines, tv shows, books, pop culture with your kids?
Thanks for being so open and honest on your blog. It helps me get through my weeks and helps me be a better person. I have never written to you before. This comment from Em about the Kardashians (and your comment about it) just really really stummped me!!

Kelli said...

This post has warm and fuzzy written all over it for so many reasons :)

Anonymous said...

what bad does the college girl have?