Saturday, February 25, 2012

My launch party for Noonday & 1,000 images

i had no idea what to expect for my first noonday party.
i wondered will my friends come?
will they like the jewelry?
will the stories of the artisans resonate with them?
will they notice my dirty windows?
you know...all those nervous thoughts.

i had two shows that day, with one in the morning
& then one later that evening to try to accommodate all schedules.

my savannah drove in from athens with some of her sweet friends.
for them to make the road trip, on a school night, meant the world to me.
we met up for a quick piece of pizza before the evening party.

my family was so sweet & encouraging
offering to help in any way possible.
my girls often times wearing my jewelry pieces to school.

i even found a note that little bit left on her desk...
a reminder to take her precious teacher one of the look books.


i tried to purchase as many pieces as i could 
to give my friends a nice selection to see in person
& play dress up with.

i love decorating so styling for the event was super fun for me.
i took several of my frames , lined the inside with burlap
& then had dan secure various door knobs & such.
i also had several pieces that i don't use in my everyday decor 
but i still love & enjoyed pulling them out & using for display.

since the stories behind the pieces are what i truly love about noonday,
i printed several of the artists pictures & had them, along with their personal stories,
beside the pieces.
i also added a few images of jessica, the founder
& her newly adopted son Jack from Rwanda too.














i mentioned earlier that i'm hoping to pick a piece from noonday
each week & share the story behind it.
wearing a piece of jewelry that was handmade, fair trade,
by someone tyring to make a better life for themselves,
in another part of the world
that you & i may never be able to visit
is being an advocate for them.
being a voice for the oppressed is not only biblical
but  is walking out the gospel.


today i want to introduce you to Andinet

"the necklace shown below is handmade by artisans in Ethiopia using recycled metal beads and melted-down war weapons.
This necklace is truly a statement piece.
Genuine silver embellishments are made by a local silversmith. Each of these spectacular beads is a unique piece of artwork. Loop-tie closure.
This piece is handmade in Ethiopia using recycled nickel, copper, and bronze melted down from previous war weapons.
Most of the artisans who created the pieces are HIV positive and receive healthcare and literacy training in addition to job training.
Not only are they are learning a skill, but they are learning that their life matters. "


















both the parties were great fun for me
( sorry i don't have actual pictures from the events).
i also want to thank so many of you who have sent
countless emails & words of encouragement.
notes & facebook images of the pieces that you've purchased!

please know that YOU are being a voice for them
the faces that represent so so so many...
when you purchase, wear, pray for, give to them.
not that in any way is noonday the only way to do that...
it's just one of so many ways to love others & share the hope of the gospel.

at the risk of sounding cliche or corny
or whatever you might call it
i consider it quite an honor to wear a handcrafted item
by andinet, jalia or coral...
any & all of them,
quite an honor!

{{ps--i am having a load of issues with blogger. for some reason word verification is showing up for ya'll despite the fact that i have it set so anyone, even anonymous can comment. ugh.
also, hearing that my email subscribers are not receiving emails when i post.
i have no idea what's going on....}}
~~

matthew 25.34-40
“Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in,I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you?When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
“The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.’
~~~


"The splendor of a King, clothed in majesty
Let all the earth rejoice
All the earth rejoice"
chris tomlin

15 comments:

Shannon said...

Everything looked so beautiful and I would have loved to come if only I lived closer!

Debby said...

You did an amazing job of displaying all the beautiful pieces. So nice to see the history of the people making them. Just beautiful.

Heather said...

paige... i love their pieces! can i place an order through you?

3 Peanuts said...

It is all gorgeous Paige. I wish I could have come to the party. I see several things that I would like to buy!!!! Can we order long distance? Is there a website or catalog? Am I a doofus and just missed that post or info somehow???? Wait, don't answer that, I am sure that I AM a doofus!


How sweet that smk and her buds drove in for the party. I love that girl. I know I should not covet thy blog friends daughters but I do. I wish I had a gaggle of girls in addition to my peanuts:)


Oh and PLEASE take that new word verification off your blog. I have to try like 1,000 times to get the darned words right. Often, I just give up.

3 Peanuts said...

Okay... I found the site on your sidebar and am drooling and want to buy.... I need to decide what I can actually get now. I want it all!!!!!

I really came back to say how gorgeously you styled everything Paige. You (and Dan) did a great job making the jewelry shine. I love the frames and the chicken wire thingy. I am going to call you to ask about the large vs small cow horn earrings. LOVE them. Which ones and in which photos here?

K

Sheri said...

I love it all. I think noonday should use your photographs for their next booklet - just awesome. I can't wait until Nashville to SHOP!!!!! have a blessed weekend. xo

Tiffany said...

Everything about this is beautiful. The jewelry, the people, the words...
That verse on your chalkboard, well, it spoke to the soul.

Jboo said...

Wow -- so cool! You are amazing sweetie!

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

You did a super job on your displays . . . so love your jewelry pieces:O)

Renee said...

What a beautiful event. The displays are creative and beautiful. The jewelry and stories are beautiful. Congratulations on your new adventure.

Heather said...

Paige!! Thanks for passing your website along. I will place my order this week. Regarding the word verification...I have no idea!! I didn't know it was even on my comments! I have searched for the last 30 minutes and can't figure out for the life of me how to turn it off. Let me know if you figure that one out!

Can't wait to get to Atlanta one day so I can get you to photograph my girls!

traci said...

oh i wish i lived closer. what a wonderful event to attend. you made all the pieces look gorgeous. good luck to you paige. this is such a wonderful cause.

Between You and Me said...

I love what you are doing...and I can't wait to order some of the beautiful pieces...I'm thinking this might be my new "go to" for birthday gifts etc....

praying for the women that you're advocating for through noonday.

Amy R. said...

I love the jewelry and the meaning behind it! Wish I could have come!

Alecia said...

You did an incredible job of displaying the jewelry & accessories. What a lovely party it must have been! I pray immeseaurable success for you on this new journey...I pray blessings over each of the artisans...thanking God for this clever way to provide for His people around the world through the talents He's given them...they can provide for their families in a way that is honorable and doesn't bring shame upon them. What a beautiful gift!