Monday, February 20, 2012

always be ready to share your story

no way. 
i'm not a public speaker.
everyone has already heard my story.
what if no one comes.
what if only four people come & out of the four people, three of them don't know who i am & so they get up and leave when i start to share.
what if i use poor grammar
or god forbid, start to cry.
what if the one person that stays to listen to me share decides she likes me better behind my blog than in real life.



these were my immediate thoughts months ago when sibi called & asked me to join her for The Pearl Event.
no way.
thank you moses for the "i can't do it Lord, inspiration" right?

days later i was out running. trying to train for the half marathon i signed up for months ago.
that same half in which i am significantly behind.
& i felt the Lord reminding me
that i should always be ready to tell my story
to tell where my hope is from
to tell the good things the Lord has done for me
{Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to 
give the reason for the hope that you have. 1 peter 3.15}

i called sibi, in tears ( me not her )
& said
of course i'll do it.
even if only one person wants to hear what i share
that i'll share what the Lord has done for me
with her.
i'll share what the Lord can & will do in her too.
that He loves her & is carrying her in His hand,
no matter the current chapter she's in
within her own story.
that my soul magnifies Him
& He has done great things for me.

it's easy for us to think that our story is insignificant
or that we can't effectively communicate our story.
that we should keep private things private.
that people will think, heaven forbid, that we're weird
or obnoxious.
but i want to encourage you 
that first of all...those are all lies.
those are lies that will hit you right where you're most vulnerable.
& if you listen to them, believe them
then he wins. 
the enemy wins.
the one who wants to kill your dreams
steal your hope
destroy your relationships with others & relationship with Him.

so whether it's with your neighbor
or your children.
whether it's with a sunday school class
or through your blog & your tweets....
share your story.
the one He is writing in you.
if one person is listening, or thousands
boldly proclaim the hope you have!

incidentally, turns out more than four ladies will be there in two weeks
( truth be told, it's almost sold out)
& if only one person came to hear me share
i will give reason for my hope...
while completely out of my comfort zone
hopefully not with poor grammar
i will share the reason for my hope!
& if you're coming,
i can't wait to hear your own story!!!!




"Pray also for me, that whenever I open my mouth, 
words may be given me so that I will 
fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel"
ephesians 6.19

25 comments:

just call me jo said...

I know that satan loves to work on our confidence. He's the originator of discouragement and doubt. I love your story and your faith. If I lived closer, I'd love to see your sweet face and listen to you. You are special and inspirational, for sure. Talk on!!

Debby said...

You have a beautiful story to tell.....some tears but so much hope and love. Once you get started you will do fine.

Love Being A Nonny said...

Oh girl, these would be MY fears.....you stole them!:) I will be the one who stays to listen. And I will NEED to listen. Because that old, old story just never gets old. People keep on hurting. And needing. And hoping. Be ready to tell that story again. WE are ready to hear it.

Renee said...

You will be awesome!!! You have an amazing story to share. I do so wish I could come and hear it. You have something that someone needs to hear. Have confidence. You will do great!!!

Home: Inside and Out said...

Girl...Please. Sounds like my little fear/back out conversation I would have going in my little brain. But you are right, its all LIES. You are one of the top reasons I am going to this conference. God has used you to inspire me through many tough days. I'm so glad you listened and obeyed him stirring you to participate. Can't wait to meet you!

Alecia said...

I soooo wish I could be there! You're going to do an amazing job. I know the Lord has given you this beautiful story to share with others...to give glory to Him! :-)

martha said...

i have loved following your blog the past couple months.
I cannot wait to see and hear you in 3 weeks! Your story is vital and He will bless your lovely delivery, i know!

Sibi said...

You are going to do great....God is going to stand up so big on the inside of you and speak love, hope and encouragement to many.

I am forever grateful to you for saying yes- even with fear and trembling.

Your humility of heart is the reason He chose you.....

Honored to call you my friend....

Love you so,

Sibi

Sandy, Sisters of Season said...

You'll be fine . . . God has gifted you:O)

3 Peanuts said...

YOU will be fabulous. You will have the audience hanging on to every single word. I do a lot of public speaking and each time I pray that God uses me to help others. And every time, He does.


Wish I could have overcome my fear of flying to be there to cheer you on and hug you. I am working on it for next time.

Love,
Kim

DeeDee Brinkman said...

I know God is going to do BIG and mighty things through you. Even if it is just one person that God needs to speak to through your words...to God be the glory! He might use you to change someones life forever. Wish I could be there to hear you share. Praying for you my sister in Christ :)

Tiffany said...

I will pray, but I have no doubt that He will use you all mightily.
Be encouraged!
:)

Susan R said...

There's no way in the world that people aren't going to like you. I'm just tellin ya now to ease your fears because that could never and would never happen. You are one of the most likeable people I know. You'r real, you're fun, you're sassy and you're the daughter of a king. So Princess Paige, you hold your head high, go there with pride and tell the people your story the way you know how and I promise you will touch someone's life. Even if it is only one person (can't see that happening)then be the hope and inspiration for that one person.
You have a special story and inviting spirit, it's what drew me to you dear friend.
God will be with you and so will those of us that won't be there in body, but in our hearts and prayers.

Sogni Siciliani said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
teresa at Nonnie's Blessings said...

Paige,
I can't wait till you are standing before us, telling us in person your story! I have introduced so many friends to your blog. You are an inspiration to all moms and those who strive to live for Jesus.
Can't wait till the Pearl Event! I'm bringing my two darling daughters. Hope to meet you in person!

teresa

Bravehearted Beauty {formerly LLH Designs} said...

I love your prayer request in the form of the Ephesians verse at the end. God is SO good to use you. I wish I could be there!

xo,
Linsey

Between You and Me said...

so wish I could be there....will be praying for you and the others.....what an honor to share the story He has written in you...a story of hope in Him.

Catherine said...

Wish I could be there. You will do an amazing job telling your story. Thinking of you and can't wait to hear all about your experience when you return.

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

I will totally be praying for you. Your story will uplift and encourage MANY!! Public speaking is so hard...I hate it. I know you can do it girly!

Kristin said...

I know this event, your speaking along with others speaking will touch the hearts of many and change some lives too. Praying great things in store for you and that your time is just full of peace, grace and so many great smiles too. Proud of you my friend for taking a leap of faith.

Privet and Holly said...

I so wanted to
attend, but it
wasn't meant
to be -- this time.
You will touch so
many hearts, just
as you do, here.
Bravo for facing
the fear and choosing
the hard choice:
saying YES!

xx Suzanne

Kelli said...

God, through you, is going to do an amazing work in the lives of people who hear your testimony. I can't wait to hear all about it...wish I could be there.

Ashley U. said...

I will be there. With a 5 month old, a lot of logistics and planning were involved BUT God spoke a word over me to be there. Can't wait to meet you and hear your story!

C Grace Design said...

I so feel you Paige!!! I am looking forward to hearing your story, but more so your heart through it! I know you will bring such healing and hope to lives on Saturday. It will be an honor and joy to meet you and come alongside you! Cheering you on!!! :))

C Grace Design said...

Oh, and I'd like to share your post on fb...is that okay??