Friday, October 28, 2011

a winner, unrelated images & my thoughts

wishing each of you a happy friday!

since this post seems to go south after a series of completely unrelated, yet never posted images,
i'll go ahead & share the winner from the Vintage Tea Collection.
thank you again jen!

Leslie said...
What fun!!! I would love anything from her!!
 congratulations leslie!












~thursday evening journal entry~
this has been one of those weeks where i've been humbly reminded i can not possibly do all things well in my own strength. but He does meet me right where i'm at & His mercies are new every morning.


i stayed up late last night & woke at 5:30 to be at the breast center at 6:30 for my mammogram.
usually that would be enough to have me frazzled all day. despite myself (being a nurse) any trip to a doctor sends me down the road of what if's. it's ridiculous really. but it's true.
however i forgot about that appointment as soon as i pulled back onto the highway with all the morning commuters. i was immediately lost in thought. my mind is a little overloaded right now. i've been trying to make some work decisions, trying to come up with lovely destinations for photo sessions, financial concerns, trying to make sure i don't forget a friends birthday...you know how it is.

i popped in my new david crowder christmas cd. yes i did. & actually i'm a little late. i usually crank up whatever the latest christian christmas cd is early october. a couple years ago it was the casting crowns cd. followed by the chris tomlin christmas cd & now this year, david crowder.
i thought to myself how i would love to enter the holiday season with a peaceful expectant spirit.
to enter the holiday season with a new focus on where the Lord is leading me both spiritually and professionally. deep breath. 


later, i grumbled at my husband when i got lost trying to find a pretty park today. yes, google map landed me smack dab in the middle of a culdesac. 
noticed that today might just have been the peak day for the glorious leaves here in atlanta. pure beauty.
snapped at a retailer (via email of course) for giving me what i thought was poor customer service only to be humbly proven wrong. i had the dates wrong in my head of a transaction i thought they'd messed up. gosh i hate being wrong after i've been the goob. humbling moment #478.

i ran into jcrew looking like a farm girl. a total mess. baggy cuffed jeans. oversized shirt. toms. ballcap. the sales lady looked me up & down. no lie. i'm certain she was dying to tell me that old navy was across the street & they were probably more my speed.
she sweetened up when i purchased something.

on to williams sonoma where i was reminded that at age 45 i've never cooked my own turkey for thanksgiving but would love to give a try this year. wish made me miss dan's mom. sigh.

( do you feel like you're in the middle of  reading "if you give a mouse a cookie" ?)

had a conversation with someone who i think is one of the most amazing positive lovely women i've ever not met in real life. follow? she humbled me with words of love & affirmation. i hung up thinking, gosh if she saw me today or heard my negative thoughts she'd never had said all those blessings. kind of a divine appointment really.

came home & snapped at emily. poor kid. can't win for losing. clenching mom of the year title. again.

ran 2 miles. should be running much further at this point.

asked my sweet husband who's glass is always half full to take me to dinner. i begged for caffiene as i about fell asleep on the ride over. i rambled. he listened. he smiles. he tells me he thinks the world of me. i don't deserve him. really i don't.

i'm real deal kinda girl who has days where i'm humbly reminded i can't do it all. i like to think i can but reality loves to slap me back in to my place. i fail at much. i drop the ball. i don't volunteer enough & i forget to respond to emails. i work best when things are in their place. preferably clean and tidy. 
& today things were not clean & tidy.
i made two beds at 5pm.and i am ocd enough to tell you, that alone can completely undo me.
i left laundry in the washing machine. wet. for hours. i know right?

but here it is,
i know that i know that His mercies are new every morning. 
i know that i know He is faithful & true.
i know that i know His name is a strong tower.
& i know that i know that He still loves me even when i fail....
Jesus still loves me.
this i know.



 


I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
   where does my help come from?
 My help comes from the LORD,
   the Maker of heaven and earth.
psalm 121.1&2

28 comments:

Kerri said...

I love this post Paige! As a mom of two girls and a full time teacher, I appreciate your humility and honesty in showing that the glass is not always half FULL! You have showed us that even though life is not always a bowl of cherries, HE gives us a new day to make new and better choices!

Have a great weekend my friend!
XO,
Kerri

Jboo said...

Oh Paige -- I love these fun summer photos of your sweet family! And, this post sounds like me -- well, except that while I prefer things neat and tidy -- that rarely happens.

Just got tickets to a Christian singer's Christmas concert and so happy with myself for doing it early and getting great seats!

Have a fun weekend -- you totally deserve it and that sweet family of yours!
Janet

Stephanie said...

You know what? you sound gloriously NORMAL to me! Sounds like you are handling everything with grace, as usual.

I just bought the new Michael Buble and She & Him Christmas cd's, but the one I'm really looking for next week is Justin Bieber's! ;)

Kim said...

OK- -I laughed out loud at the Christmas music statement. I've been listening to Chris Tomlin's 'Glory in the Highest' for a couple of weeks now and have sworn my kids to secrecy as their daddy has a 'no Christmas music until after Thanksgiving' rule. But what happens in my car, stays in my car ;0)

I have had a similar week as well. Just so grateful that we have such a merciful God, so grateful!!

HAve a blessed weekend!

Deborah said...

You made me laugh with the fact that your already playing your chirstmas CD's. I thought I was the only one who started in October. I'd probably start earlier but my family already thinks I've lost my ever loving Christmas mind.

Sheri said...

I've had a similar week my sweet friend. However, it all got put in to perspective quickly when one of Sav's friends father died at
46. The girls older sister is also one of our cheer coaches that Sav thinks the world of. Top it off, it's parents weekend in Tally so we are just going to the wake tonight and getting to Tally late tonight and missing the funeral tomorrow which gives me more aniexty. With all that being said, you are a wonderful person with a great big heart! Have a blessed weekend.

Talia said...

Thank you for such a great post. Often times I leave blogs and think, gee, why can't my house be spotless, have smiling happy kids who are always dressed so cute, and a perfectly manicured lawn not to mention dinner straight out of Gourmet. Truth is, that isn't real life. God loves us - warts and all!

Kelli said...

Your words have never been more true. You are a blessing :)

Deanna said...

Love the beautiful pictures of your family but love more your honesty and transparency. Thank you! Thankful that His mercies are new every morning!

Tammy said...

great post paige!
I've had an out of sorts week myself...actually started last saturday while I was in atlanta at the CL fair...a friend was killed while riding his motorcycle, he had lost his Mom at 17, a brother later in life and then beat cancer, left behind a son and a grand-baby due in December. Life can change so quickly in the blink of an eye. As I write this , his son and my step daughter are driving to Asheville to sprinkle his ashes.
Your post helped to remind me that when I am feeling lost I have God to lift me up and keep me strong.
Thanks again for having the perfect words!
Tammy
Junk Wild

Coastal Health and Home said...

Hello Paige,

Lovely photos!

We bought the xmas CD from the video that you posted from your church last year. My daughter loved it!

You should post it again.

Best,

CBO

Alecia said...

Great post...thanks for keepin' it real. Your honesty is refreshing and it helps me know...I'm not alone! :-)
Love, love, LOVE that scripture...and what a sweet hubby you have!

Many blessings friend.

hawaii bestie said...

i've missed you! I've been absent around these parts for the last week since my parents have been in town. Loved this post.....

Tiffany said...

seriously paige - this could just about mirror my journal!

love the scripture you ened with - GREAT reminder! One thing my sister told me is "remember who walks beside you and that you are not alone"

have a great weekend!
xoTiffany

Living Life in the Lowcountry said...

Love your honesty! And in reading you made me realize I had left some wet laundry in the washing machine! Thanks! ;)

Jill said...

Grace! Grace! ...love your honesty! Hope you have a great weekend!

smk said...

I love reading your posts mom. You are so strong and wonderful, regardless of what one day holds. Love you.

Leslie said...

I am so excited!! I never win anything!!! I actually said to myself "oh that lucky Leslie girl!". I will have to go back through and read your post later, I am so excited I cannot focus!! Thank you both!

Jodi said...

Perfect post....I am feeling the same; feeling like i can do it all and need to, but in the end I can't and then feel like I have failed! Yup, wet laundry in the washer too the other night! :)

I too put in my Christmas music already; my family just shakes their heads at me!

Love, Love Williams Sonoma! You will do great with your turkey; you are an awesome cook(plus you have awesome help from the girls)! I have taken over Thanksgiving since my Mom passed away in 2005; boy was I scared the first time I made my turkey, but it wasn't bad. It's getting everything else to come together at the same time was challenge for me!

I had my first mamogram on Oct 19! It went well and I will definately be making my appt every Oct!

I love your seaside pictures; never get tired of seeing those....beautiful! :)

Take care and have a great weekend, Paige!
ps....so glad that Brinkley is better too! :)

Jodi

Lulu and Co. said...

Oh friend I read this and feel a connection. I have days that try me, test my patience, have me snapping at the kiddos and then feeling horrible a second later knowing it's not them it me feeling overwhelmed. Beautiful post for all of us to remember that we are always loved by Jesus and always have the opportunity for better days, better moments!
Have a blessed weekend friend,
xo,
Lulu

Lulu and Co. said...

P.S. Love the pictures!!!!
Lulu

ellieshine said...

It's refreshing to hear you are real :). Thanks!!! sometimes I feel the weight of my imperfections. . . .

I ran my first half marathon today - you inspired me to do that girl! (it was hard!) but thanks anyway!

xo ellie

Jenn A said...

Sorry to hear you were having a bad day!! Just remember... "the sun'll come out tomorrow!!"

Wendy said...

Hello Sweet Paige! Wow, does this post ever strike home with me! It seems like I am reminded almost daily that I can't do it alone. Perhaps that is how He keeps me humble. :-) And, I too can be completely undone by an unmade bed...and unfolded laundry (which is one of the hardest things for me to accomplish, btw.)

Keep on keeping on. You are a lovely friend!! xoxo Wendy

Wendy said...

Oh, and I'm not ashamed to admit that I've been listening to Christmas music for a couple of weeks now. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Paige~ I read your blog and feel inspired all the time. I have a question. I am having a dinner party for my daughter for her 16th birthday. It's at a restaurant and would you have any grown up ideas of "games" that the girls can do around the table? There are 15 girlies and aside from all the eating and shirley temples that they'll have, I dont want them to just eat and go home. ANy ideas. I loved your graduation party you had for your daughter. Thank you so much. G

Janet said...

Great looking family. Looks like fun is in the middle of everything.

Object of Maya*ffection said...

Thanks for sharing Paige! IT is good to know we are all human (I had that kinda day yesterday) BUT to also be reminded that the world is larger than us. Thank you!