Thursday, October 27, 2011

capturing the simple moments at a beautiful wedding


several months ago, liz asked if i would photograph her wedding.
while that was a huge compliment
i explained that not only was i not a trained wedding photographer,
i didn't have the equipment to shoot a wedding.

she so sweetly said, well, will you just come & do what you do?
no pressure.
sold.

liz was a stunning bride.
you could just sense her desire to soak in all the little moments
& enjoy all her friends and family celebrating and honoring her special day
as she & her little man married her prince charming.

liz paid me what has to be the highest compliment 
i think i've ever received as a photographer.
as soon as she walked up she told me,
"i'm so glad you're here. i know you'll make me beautiful"...
wow.
easy to do when your client is stunning.

here are a few of the little moments from her special evening.
& thank you liz.
i wish you & your precious family 
a life time of all your dreams coming true
~~



























one of my favorite moment...
the sky was almost completely dark but i knew liz had wanted a shot down on the dock.
i drug them  asked them to quickly sneak away from the reception...
if i only had some van morrison to play in the back ground,
they may not have returned ;)

29 comments:

Rox said...

Oh My Gosh Paige.... You did an amazing job.. Those are captures to be treasured for a lifetime. They are all stunning. And the one on the dock.. The capture of the day! Love it, love it, love it. Way to go!!

Rox said...

And by the way the captia for me was pondish!! Haha. that is funny because Ponds is my last name!

Anonymous said...

FANTASTIC Paige!!!
-liz mcneil

Kelli said...

You did an AMAZING job. So amazing that when I saw the picture of her crying it made me teary. You really capture the joy and the emotion of their day and I know she will never forget that. No amount of equipment can replace the eye you have for photography and capturing the real shots. Way to go Paige!!!

Simply Jen said...

Breathtaking. Seriously. The pictures are stunning! You go girl!
Have a lovely day!
Jen xo

Between You and Me said...

stunning..
what a huge honor to capture their day!!

you did a wonderful job, Paige!

Kristie said...

I agree! You did and wonderful job and made her beautiful! You should be very proud of yourself and your work!

Heather said...

These pictures are amazing. I love her dress and you did such a great job with the photography!

traci said...

oh paige. these are amazing. they have got to be sooooo happy with them. i am so proud of you. weddings are not easy.

Katiebee said...

beautiful paige!

Paige said...

I'm impressed!! Great pics,and I see them all the time since my son is a wedding photographer. You did a great job!!! Just beautiful!

Deborah said...

You "do what you do" beautifully.

Kristin said...

Beautiful.

Ruth said...

We are always our worst critics, aren't we.
They are all beautiful. You did a great job!

Jboo said...

Wow!!! Stunning! Gorgeous bride, groom, little guy and photos! Holy smokes -- so much beauty there!

Janet

Unknown said...

Oh Paige, these are so gorgeous.... I cried!!

You did an amazing job, really well done honey!!

It's almost impossible to choose a favourite but I absolutely love the shots of her & her son....and her and her parents.

The bride & groom must be so thrilled.....you have such a talent XX

Michele said...

Absolutely beautiful pictures Paige! My fiance and I are engaged and planning a wedding - location still to be determined. I am going to remember you when we get closer to finalizing our plans - maybe we could hire you and fly you to our wedding location!!!

Bonnie said...

Very beautiful. Great job.

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are fabulous!!! I say you are a pro! Wish we were closer, I would be begging you to take pictures of my cuties! xo

Heather said...

You. Are. Amazing!! Stunning pictures. You have a true gift :)

Jen said...

Beautifully done!

brockey said...

Beautiful wedding and Paige the photos are stunning !

meisje(Rules) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gretchen said...

Incredible job photographing this wedding. You have so many wonderful shots and provided her with beautiful memories of her day. Great job.
Gretchen

3 Peanuts said...

Paige..these are really, really beautiful. You captured the pure joy of the day!!! I wish I had more candid and emotional photos like this from my wedding day, Instead back the 15 years ago it was all the staged photos:) Well done, my friend!!!

Midge V said...

You caputered and enchanced the beauty, emotion and uniquenss of their wedding day! Kudos to your skill, eye, and loving heart. It takes all three to produce such lovely imgaes!

katie purcell said...

WITHOUT ANY DOUBT THE BEST WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHS I HAVE EVER SEEN.
YOU ARE AMAZING.
XXOO

Jodi said...

stunning pictures, you did a great job and what a beautiful but simple wedding!

Jodi

elvira pajarola said...

Carissima Paige.....you were shooting with your heart; OUTRAGEOUSLY BEUATIFUL ....your innate sense of beauty & style & sensibility is just SUBLIME!!!!

send you a lot of warm tuscan sunshine!!!
ciao ciao elvira