Wednesday, February 16, 2011

eighteen candles & first love


dan's mom always baked our birthday cakes,
usually yellow cake with chocolate buttercream frosting.
after she passed away i had hoped to keep up her tradition.
thankfully i am blessed to have madison
who is wonderful in the kitchen.
she whipped up not only savannah's cake
but she also made cupcakes with cream cheese frosting for all her best friends.

i love celebrating valentines day
not only because it's smk's birthday
but any excuse to love on my people
& overuse the colors pink and red is ok by me.




 i love picking up little happies for the girls.
this year they each got a little something fun
(jeweled flip flops for smk, hair flower for mgk,
itouch cover for emi, and a lilly notepad for little one)
some candy and a bottle of nail polish.

 chocolate and a button down for my sweetie







i've always encouraged the girls to pass on the boyfriend thing.
at least until they're sixteen-ish (or better yet-thirty!)
trying to encourage them to pass on all the drama between girl friends it can cause,
messing up friendships with their guy friends
& plus....i would love to spare them the potential heartbreak as long as possible.


savannah has always been a tough sale,
so i really didn't have to preach it to her.
her standards are mighty high.

she & trevor started dating last year
& let me tell you, she knocked the ball out of the park with him.
of course, i think he did too.
he was her first guy friend when she changed schools in 7th grade.
she always talked about what a great friend he was
.....well, now they are just too sweet together.

 he set quite the precedent for all future first boyfriends for my other girls
in how he handled their first valentines day together.

i hope they don't die a thousand deaths
but i can't resist...

after school she ran in & told me to come look at her car
she was beaming!
he had filled it with all her favorite candies, cards, stuffed animals
and balloons. lots of balloons!








can you stand it?
what a happy day!

madison came in with her cute valentines~

later that day, a little visit from one of my favorite girls
who made the most amazing red velvet cupcakes.
love you sweet abby!!


caroline with her blowpop turned elephant with googly eyes
valentines craft


hand hearts with sweet emi

 we had a special guest join us for dinner,
while the sweethearts headed out for their special evening together.
& because nothing is sacred, i'll tell you
that he gave her the prettiest ring.

sweet child of mine
i am so thankful that you were blessed & loved on by so many people 
this is such a wonderful time in your life.

hold these memories & tuck them into your heart!


32 comments:

cathypentonatelier said...

Oh happy 18th to your gorgeous girl my friend...They look extremely happy and that is all that is important hey!!! Love to you all xxxx

Kimberly said...

Looks like you all had a lovely day! Thanks for sharing!

traci said...

wow!!! what a great valentines day for everyone. lots of love!!

{A*very} Blessed Life said...

Awesomeness all around! And, HELLO! Is that a Tennesse sweatshirt I see? He IS a keeper then in my book! What a great Valentine's Day and birthday celebration for everyone! Y'all are all just the cutest!

{A*very} Blessed Life said...

Oh and yes, I do know how to spell Tennessee! Goodness me!

Shannan Martin said...

What a HAPPY, Lovey-Dovey post! Your V-day celebration rocks my world!!! And those love birds are mighty cute. :)

Tracey said...

What a fun stage in life! Beautiful family! Fun to meet you too!

Jeanne Oliver said...

First loves are the sweetest!!!

Susan R said...

Man Oh Man! Do you ever do Valentines well. That table scape. Geez Louise girl! I honestly don't think I've ever seen something so cutely done.
I think it has a lot to do with the fact that Valentines just happens to be Savannah's (sp?) birthday, but you sure do know how to do things with style.
Of course, you've set the bar really high for the rest of us now.
Savannah's boyfriend is a cutie to be sure, but I think he's a little confused. I'd be happy to set him on the right path and send him a Texas A&M sweatshirt. Haha

Alecia said...

FUN DAY!!! You KNOW you're gonna have to get a shot of the ring...right?!?! :-)

Katie said...

I love Valentine's Day too!

Shannon said...

Sounds like you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day! How sweet is Savannah's bf...love that he went all out for her Birthday & Valentine's Day. :)

Elizabeth said...

What a fun V-Day. I just love S's car and the picture of her in the sun roof. Your table looked so cute. What a sweet boyfriend.

Amy Maze said...

ok, so i was going to say...no teenage boy can be that good! but then i looked at the pictures more carefully and saw he was wearing a 'Tennessee' sweatshirt. So he must be the perfect guy afterall! Love it!!!
amy
{huge UT fan!}

Kelli said...

I love the recap...and all of the sweetness.

Clare said...

happy birthday savannah and what a sweet boy!! he definitely gets some 'good' points if you ask me:)

Wendy said...

Oh my goodness. What a wonderful birthday/Valentine's day. What a lucky girl!!

And what a sweet Momma you are with all the fun goodies for your family! You are an inspiration, my dear!

Kat said...

Preciousness! I hope my girls find sweet boys when they are old enough to start dating. Love all the Valentine goodies for your sweet girls!

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

sound like your VD was perfect!

Lea
xo

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

PS. You must, tell me where you got those cute cloth napkins on your table! LOVE them!

Lea
xo

leadharper@gmail.com

Sweet Grace Farms said...

That is all so yummy sweet. I love it. Great day!!

off to dinner with birthday boy said...

cough cough
did i read that balloon right?!
so...i realized i left you a message today...
and you didn't call back....
no worries though...
no worries at all.

Unknown said...

how sweet! oh to be that young again! paige you have a beautiful family! i love your table so fun!! susan

Jodee said...

What a fun post! I am soooo glad to see that V-Day can still be soooo much fun when the kids get older! I am always going to love on my kids on V-Day!

Love the birthday gifts and balloons! What a sweet guy!

Bravehearted Beauty {formerly LLH Designs} said...

I cant believe I'm crying, but I am! So touched by your daughter's special birthday and Valentine. I don't even know them, but find myself praying for purity. Wish someone had prayed that for me.

christy said...

I love your cute napkins! I noticed that you also had some in yellow in an earlier post. Can you share where you got them or if they are handmade, what the trim is? I absolutely love your blog too!

Alyson and Ford said...

Amazing Valentine's celebration! I can feel all the love!

Alyzabeth's Mommy

3 Peanuts said...

Happy 18th to your sweet girl!!! Sounds like she has excellent taste in young men. I pray my children wait that long to really have a boyfriend/girlfriend. And I pray that they meet someone as nice as Trevor and Savannah!

3 Peanuts said...

I just went back and looked at the photos again and I LOVE the way he is looking at her in the 3rd photo...that IS love.

Alecia said...

Where did you find the cute cake candles?!?

Lori said...

Those balloons are AWESOME!! :D

Lori said...

ps So is all the LOVE. And PINK! :)