Monday, November 14, 2011

tiny dancer, #2




last night, i'm certain i said something i've never said before.
"caroline. stop dancing while you're in the shower"
no, really!

when i say she's always dancing, stretching, tumbling
i mean she is truly
always
dancing, stretching & tumbling

madi danced for 11 years.
she was my tiny dancer as a little girl,
so petite and graceful.
& i've truly missed having a ballerina in the house.
caroline began dance a month ago
(technically she danced while she was in pre-school)
& loves it!
she was recently promoted to jr. company!

it's so delightful to see your child involved in something 
they choose to be involved in
& loving it.
success is just the icing on the cupcake, right?








13 comments:

courtney said...

oh this gives me great joy!!! i seriously need to give her some of my horrific jr company outfits to "sport" into rehearsal and see dotti's face. she is precious!!! so proud of her.

3 Peanuts said...

so sweet.

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

I can't believe the way that girl can flex her feet. That is amazing! Great photos as usual you talented thing you. :)

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

she has the look of a dancer. I love this set of pictures.

lea
xo

Talia said...

I love when my girls find something they are passionate about. It warms my heart to see the joy it brings them.

What a sweet dancer you have!

Jboo said...

Oh my word -- beautiful! She looks like a natural and such long legs!! Gorgeous sweet girl!

Janet

Unknown said...

I can totally relate. My 22 yr. old dancer STILL twirls and turns and stretches when I'm trying to have a conversation with her. Dancers never stop moving–as it should be.

Keep taking pictures of her. I WISH I had chronicled those wonderful "everyday" moments of my tiny dancers around the house.

Between You and Me said...

I remember being that flexible....I'm paying for it now.

it is WONDERFUL to see your kids doing something that they love and are passionate about....I'm trying to find that for my oldest, and it's discouraging that we haven't found it yet.

He's not athletic, but he wants to be, and it doesn't help that his younger brother is.

Did you ever find this with one of yours? It's reeeaally hard.

Jen Kershner said...

So sweet! I love that she is so passionate about it. If you switched reading for dancing that would be Emma!

Kat said...

So precious to see your children doing something that brings them so much joy.

melissa said...

Just catching up here on your blog .. tiny dancer #2 is darling!! How wonderful that Caroline is so passionate about dancing :)

Adrienne said...

darling pics! she has beautiful dancer's feet!

Sogni Siciliani said...

Yeah Caroline. You will be a beautiful ballerina!!!