Monday, November 28, 2011

before the decorations, around a thankful home



usually by the second week of November
i'm pretty antsy and begin to pull out all the storage boxes of Christmas decorations.
i love to have all my decorations up by the weekend after thanksgiving.

i peek into each box & decide what i will and won't use.
i love to change things up each year
& honestly find myself using less and less.
(much to my children's dismay!)

now don't feel sorry for them
or think they live with scrooge & i'm all bah hum bug.
they each have a tree in their room that they decorate themselves.
thankyouverymuch.
see, i don't have to be in full control. ha!

this year my November schedule has been thankfully full of photo sessions
so i didn't begin until we returned home from enjoying a wonderful
thanksgiving meal at my parent's home
with my brother and sister in law.

the tree was finished last night before we sent Savannah back to school
& i will soon start wrapping packages
( one of my favorite things).
but for today, a few glimpse around our home
before the decorations.
nothing fancy, no gorgeous table like edie's, but just real life
around our home.
i apologize there are no pictures of a giant turkey & all my family sitting around the table.
i was a little tired of taking pictures by that time & honestly, i think my girls enjoyed a break from the paparazzi!
~

ps, Brinkley is doing much better.
his wounds are healing nicely and he's almost walking without his limp, almost.
thank you for all your kind words!




































Enter his gates with thanksgiving
   and his courts with praise;
   give thanks to him and praise his name.
 For the LORD is good and his love endures forever;
   his faithfulness continues through all generations.
psalm 100.4-5

14 comments:

Kristin said...

All is peaceful and beautiful in your home.
Made me smile and feel cozy this morning.

Have a beautiful day my friend.

Kerri said...

I love the photos Paige. I have the same print of Psalm 100. It is a wonderful reminder of HIM and why we are all so thankful! My firls have put together a small get well package for Brinkley that I will mail out this week.

Happy Monday my friend!

Coastal Health and Home said...

Very peaceful!

Enjoy your day.

Tammy said...

You home is so beautiful! I'm making new pillows for my sofa and just got a few more ideas from those pretty ones you have!!
Glad Brinkley is doing better!

Tammy

Kat said...

Beautiful, Paige! xo

Debby said...

Oh I love this post. Your beautiful home is so comforting and COZY. Glad that Brinkley is feeling better. I was really worried about him. I like the calmness in your words during such a busy time.

Katie said...

So pretty! Please post pictures of your wrapping soon, I need inspiration!

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Beautiful.

fondly,
Glenda

Kacee said...

Your home is beautiful as always! So glad to hear that Brinkley is feeling better. My heart hurt for him...and you.
Do you mind me asking where you found the Psalm 100 print?? I have been looking for something like that...and yours was perfect! kaceehogg@yahoo.com

Thanks! Have a wonderful day!
Kacee

melissa said...

As always, you home is perfection and sooo beautiful!
And .. I am SO very happy for you and your successful new photography business!

Jboo said...

So very pretty! Do tell, how DO you keep everything so neat?? Lovely photos!

Yay Brinkley!

Janet

patty said...

your home is just beautiful... so peacefully beautiful. love the white. i have a sweet painter man here all week, trying to give me neutrals. i am so afraid of neutral. your photos inspire me.

but also? i love those colorful little turkeys! :)

i am off now, off to dig out a box of xmas decor myself! :)

Number 6 and no more counting! said...

oh I love your little coloured turkeys!

lea
xo

Alecia said...

Beautiful....I LOVE the Psalm 100 print...I read that before our family sat down to eat on Thanksgiving day. Can't wait to see the Christmas decor!