Friday, December 17, 2010

brown paper packages tied up with string

same song second verse of decorating with teenage critics.
the conversation went something like this:
hey mom
would you rather us decorate the tree with all the fun ornaments
& you can wrap the presents all matchy matchy
or
we can decorate the tree with your  plain gold and silvery ornaments
but wrap the presents all fun & funky

good grief

hopefully we compromised


i splurged & purchased some super funky glitter wrap
which let me warn you here
is NOT for the faint of heart wrapper.
after i ponied up the cash for one roll
the sales lady at paper source tells me i need double stick tape.
no problem, i've got double stick tape.
to which she replies
but do you have this super duper strong double stick tape?

at $5 a roll no less
good grief again

the final presentation is quite spectacular
& will certainly score you some cool points from loved ones
who don't mind a little glittery goodness

glittered letters actually stocking tags from walmart





 ornament from pam garrison
gold ribbon martha stewart


anthropologie's fantastic gift boxes
glittered polka dot ribbon from michael's

ornament hotglued onto package, think it's from target
i printed off nametags & little sayings and then added glitter around the edges
i reuse these each year






little joyeux noel gift tag from etsy, can't remember the shop. sorry
 glittered leaves & such from target


 joyeux noel postcards from cavalini
gold ribbon bows from target


several years ago i made ornaments from vintage family photos.
i printed the black/white images & adhered them to one sided sticky felt
then added glitter around the remaining edges
hung them from red & white gingham ribbon
covered the entire tree with them
& had it in my dining room
loved the look .
just haven't repeated that.
now i use some as gift tags.
the little boy is my dad :)

i also have a large collection of vintage cards & valentines.
many of which i  printed into tagsize, added glitter and used on packages.
i try to use images that look simliar to my girls when they were little.
this one is for emi


for years i procrastinated & held off to wrap
everything
all at once
on christmas eve
gasp!

the last few years i've tried to wrap as i shop.
that affords me time to be a little creative
sometimes the wrapping is just a fun as the actual gift.
especially for someone who's love language is gifts.



& just for the record
the "fun" ornaments are always on the tree
despite what those girlies may lead you to believe
:)

36 comments:

traci said...

sounds to me like those gals love to get your feathers ruffled. too cute. your packages are devine paige. wow. i have yet to even start that step in the process. next week.

Stacey said...

Too pretty to unwrap! I live the ornaments on top! Really very pretty!

my toes are frozen still said...

sheesh girlie...you are posting like crazy..i can't keep up.
cute packages...i have the same red paper from target. love it.
k

Elle Jay Bee said...

Oh man...my gift wrappings look like sausage casings compared to yours!
Your girls are so lucky! I pretty up Sophie's packages but my boys would tear any nice efforts to shreds. Beauty like that is just not appreciated by boys.
You are too talented and classy, Paige, and such a sweet mum! :)

Between You and Me said...

beautiful wrapping! I usually wait until Christmas Eve...but every single year I say that I'll do it different next year...

melissa said...

I'll say it again ... these make me melt!! So beautiful, Paige .. and the JOYS of having all girls that you can wrap up al fun, funky and glittery!!!
Gift wrapping is a passion of mine, but not so fun when I am wrapping up for boys - they just don't get it!

Kat said...

Wow, those gifts are almost too pretty to unwrap!!! They look beautiful!

Unknown said...

Every day your home is getting even more gorgeous!!!!

LOVING the very funky glittery giftwrap, WOW!!

I have to tell you that I am not at all crafty - but the gifttags of the old b&w photos are fabulous, even I am tempted to try and make those :) xx

Big Mama said...

Those are gorgeous!! I have present envy!

SoSoBella said...

oh paige. i just love it all. love. love. love it!!!!

my2twins said...

Such great inspiration, as usual.
I'm wrapping today so the timing is good, even my boys might find their gifts looking prettier, but my girls do make that easier.
Merry Christmas.

Privet and Holly said...

We speak the
same love language,
Paige.....
Love, love the picture
of your dad!
Your packages are
magic and so are you : )
Happy weekend,
xx Suzanne

Annie said...

such beautiful wrapping. fingers crossed that i'm able to make my packages pretty this week!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Stunning. I'm 100% jealous. Merry Christmas! ;-)

Unknown said...

Wowza Paige, those gifts are gorgeous. You put such personal thought and love into each one and it shows! My girls are still at the dive in and rip it open stage so such pretty wrap might be wasted on them but I love to make teacher and girlfriend's gifts wrap special.
Have a terrific weekend!
xo~Jill

Cheryl said...

Dear Paige,
I realize that it is just a week before Christmas Eve, but if you could spare a day or two would you just love to take a trip to Little Compton, RI? I have oodles of gifts that need some tendle loving care, and you seem to have just the touch!!! No? Really? Maybe next year if we plan it in advance?? Please????!!!!
Love what you are doing, love love love the dynamic between you and your girls... Oh, and next year, they are welcome to come with you...
xoxo

Anonymous said...

your gifts look fantastic. My girls are already giving me a hard time too. They think my gifts are to plain and wonder where all the color is.

Jboo said...

WOW!!! Gorgeous Paige! You know how to do it right -- packages almost too lovely to open! :)

Hope you have a great weekend!

Janet

Shannon said...

Those gifts look fabulous and I am loving that glitter paper! I didn't put too much into wrapping this year because I was a bit afraid of what my 1 year old would do to my wrapping but so far so good. I'm thinking next year I can get a bit more creative!
Love all the tags you added to make them even more special :)

Lolo @ The Adventures of Stig and Lolo said...

Oh my goodness.... I seriously *heart* your vintage family photo tags! Can I honestly tell you that I am going to steal that idea for next year?!
Im all about the wrapping....its a present in itself ;)

ps - your girlies are too cute - just like mama!

XOX

Wendy said...

These are absolutely beautiful! You have an amazing talent, my dear. Well, actually, I've decided that you have many amazing talents...you just have such a great eye!...and this reminds me that I better get wrapping this weekend too!!

The Flying Bee said...

love your packages! i am hoping to get mine done this weekend.

Curtis said...

WOW, those packages are beautiful.... to pretty to open, hehe. You inspire me to do a little more than slap a bow on a box!!! Wishing you and yours a truly wonderful Christmas, remembering always that JESUS is the reason for the season.
Christmas Blessings to you and yours
Curtis & Sherrie

Seizing My Day said...

I totally want to wrap with you next year!! =) I love wrapping... but as my babies became bigger... I got lazier!! =) Do you think there is a pretty wrapping love language!!?? he he!! =) speaking of... I need to wrap soon!!

LuLu said...

I want a night of gift wrapping.... that's it i'm locking myself and wrapping goodness in my room! I can only dream to have them look like yours!
gorgeous,
xo,
LuLu

Alyssa said...

Paige,
I simply cannot say how inspiring your blog is for me. We have different taste, I have a house full of boys, you girls, yet everday you inspire me in the biggest way!
I look forward to your beautiful post everyday with coffee before little boy blue wakes up.
IT IS ALWAYS SO WONDERFUL!! Maybe I enjoy it so much because we have like hearts?...I too love red and my love language is also gifts :) Either way thank for sharing and being so beautiful!
Merry Christmas
Love,
Lyss
PS I really really love the vintage tag idea with your dad on there...I really want to do that :)

Farmgirl Paints said...

Girl when do you have the time!? I am completely in awe of those gifts...holy cow. Talk about gorgeous!!!

Patina said...

Ha ha...I'm one of those "mean" moms that decorates the tree my way! :-) LOVE your packages!

Missy said...

Good grief, Paige! Is there anything you DON'T do??? I am in awe of your creativity! I wish some of it would rub off on me. Your gifts are GORGEOUS! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the tag with a pic of your daddy. Soooo sweet!! Thanks for sharing :)

ChampagneMaker said...

These are all so fun! I just want want to shake every box!

3 Peanuts said...

These all look awesome!!! You are so creative! I usually like all mathcy matchy paper too. Mine do not look this creative though...maybe when I don't have a four year old??? I can still barely find time to sneak away to wrap at all:)

Santa uses all one paper and I use a coordinating one:)

Jacki said...

that wrapping is so pretty, and thoughtful too. you can see all the finer details in what you did for your daughters. watched your testimony from your video you have on your sidebar. a great encouragement and faithfilled truths. so great to have heard what God has and is doing in your life.

Bravehearted Beauty {formerly LLH Designs} said...

My love language is quality time, but if I received gifts wrapped up like these, I think I could be convinced to switch over to gifts! :)

Lou said...

These gifts look so pretty - too good to tear open. You have such style Paige in all you do...your girls have an awesome role model and when the time comes that they decorate their homes for their families, they will look back with such fondness to the times you describe now. Lou x

Unknown said...

just beautiful Paige! love them all!! xo suan

Alecia said...

GREAT packages....soooo cute! I'm totally impressed!