Wednesday, January 26, 2011

so you think you can dance

i've been known to crank up 
the tunes during our post dinner clean up time.
sometimes i surprise the girls with my fierce dance moves.
it truly is a site to behold.

after all 
we do have some dancers around here,
some more classical in nature than others.





& while we appreciate a wide variety of music,
{classic 70's rock my chosen genre}
we 
& by we i mean all of us sans dantheman,
love some rap

it will probably disappoint you in my capabilities as a mother
to divulge the song sung after dinner last night
was none other than 'low'

the clean version.
of course.


i'm certain it's moments such as this
that validate dan's decision to refrain 
from the frivolity known as facebook...
because i would have totally tagged him in this link.
sing along if you so desire.

"shawty had them apple bottom jeans"


 "boots with the fur"

 "the whole club looking at her"



so
in the event you have nothing to do in the next 15 minutes of your life
enjoy a fantastic laugh
{disclaimer: i will not include a you tube video in the next blog post. promise }

( & btw, there is a more current video of the university of oregon guys
but this raw/original one is hysterical)

i hope savannah finds fun friends like these guys to hang out with in college!



(check out granny at the end of this one.
she obviously has a great sense of humor)



( of course i couldn't leave this one out)

18 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

Do you have any idea how much this REALLY means to your girls? Deep down their mom is *cool*...deep down of course!!

By the way, would you please tell me where you got the canvas sign hanging in your kitchen?

Biz said...

Bwahahaha!
You just made my day!
My husband & I love practically ALL genres of music. We hope to someday instill that into our kids hearts and create precious memories just as you are!
Biz

Kat said...

Love it. We Hamiltons have been known to break it down in our kitchen too. I have an under-the-cabinet radio/cd player that is playing constantly. Music makes everything better. Especially when you can shake your tail feathers while doing the dishes.

Between You and Me said...

you are a good mama....
cool as a cat.....

and I know your girls love every single time you do something like this!

{A*very} Blessed Life said...

Paige, I just love your posts! You have the most adorable and beautiful family. Y'all remind me of a modern day Little Women, which BTW is my all time favorite book. Maybe that's why I just love reading your blog. These photos are awesome as always. I am especially loving the ballet photos. Phenomenal! Have a wonderful day!

Kelli said...

I love it! My friend loves this song and she's not much of a rap fan so it always cracks me up when I find her jammin to it. Keep on having fun :)

detoxing today said...

I can dance. Remember Elaine from Sienfeld.....well..i don't look like that all the time.

Kristin said...

Awesome! Made me giggle and just happy for you that you have moments like this with your family. I love that sweet friend for you and your girls and well Dan too!

Shannon said...

You guys are too fun! :)
I love the picture of dantheman doing the dishes in the background as if nothing was going on.

my2twins said...

One day I'm crying while reading your post and today I'm laughing so hard I'm crying. I had not seen that video of the U. Oregon guys before. OMG!
I had to send a message to my older daughter, who is off at college, to watch this too!
Thanks for the good laugh!

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Such joy in the dancing wedding.

Fondly,
Glenda

melissa said...

Ha.. that first video is new to me - love it. You know how I love college boys- too funny!
Such fun times in your home, Paige .. you are one COOL mom! Love Dan just working away at the sink in the back ground ;) .. I always wonder what my Dan who do with a house full of girls!! :)

Susan R said...

Go Girls! Look at lil' bit rockin it, what a cutie.
I bet you'd like Gwen Stefani "Hella Good". Bad title, great song to dance to.

Bravehearted Beauty {formerly LLH Designs} said...

My husband and I have started dancing in the kitchen more often, and the girls love joining in! Talk about family bonding! Alabama (song of the south, high cotton) has provided us with some good dance tunes!

And thanks for the laugh with the videos. I needed to laugh. I took myself (and the girls) far too seriously today.

Thankful for you!
Linsey

Farmgirl Paints said...

that song is impossible not to dance too. love that you all have fun together:)

Courtney Walsh said...

Hilarious, Paige, I've seen all these videos too!! lol I'm a big fan of dance party to rid my kids of a bad mood!! :)

Martha said...

how cute and fun that is:) love that you got pictures of them having a great time together

Suzanne said...

Hey...it's okay to have some MOVES:) Love the pics!