Wednesday, November 17, 2010

things that make me happy


several months ago i began looking for a new camera bag.
i looked everywhere & found many gorgeous ones.
many that were quite pricey too.
but since i knew it would be something i'd carry often
i really wanted to be completely in love with it.

i emailed my friend jeanne & asked if she might consider creating one.
she was already doing just that!
headed to paris soon, she too wanted to carry a gorgeous yet functional camera bag.

she asked what i was interested in-
messenger style
gorgeous fabric, maybe vintage or linen
room for a couple lenses
& fabulous

i knew i'd buy whatever she created sight unseen.
jeanne introduced the lilia camera bag with her latest line.
& it is absolutely gorgeous!!!

jeanne has offered my readers a 20% off discount on the lilia bag.
just enter the name of my blog, simple thoughts, in the message
& she will refund you!
thank you jeanne!!!



equally as wonderful to the quality of pieces jeanne creates
is the beauty in which she wraps them.

the day my bag came, i was so excited to open
and enjoy the moment!

thanks again jeanne.
i think YOU are fabulous!!


2. my new fave color~
opi's suzi skis in the pyrenees
 3. the martha stewart cookbook
found at goodwill for 2 bucks
in mint condition.


 4. the most fantastic sugar scrub.
we picked this up while in seaside
& your hands will love you.




 5. madagascar scented candles.
i'm usually not a fan of scented candles.
love this scented candles.


6. & last but definitely not least
savannah completely smoked her ACT & SAT!
i'm going to be 'one of those mom's' & brag
2100 on the SAT
33 on the ACT

so stinking proud of her !!!




ps.
don't forget your discount for the lilia bag
( click to open link)
discount ends friday november 19th
&
have a happy day
xo

26 comments:

Jodee said...

What a fun post! That hand scrub looks fabulous and congrats to your sweet girl! How exciting! Brag away!

traci said...

i love my camera bag from jeanne. am taking it to florida next week. it's just so pretty and very functional.

Cheryl said...

Paige,
Were you over my shoulder yesterday??? I still have the pages up for the camera bags that I was reluctantly looking at. (not loving any of them!!) And this morning... ahhhh! hear angels singing!!!
Ordering it now.
Thank you

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

It's gorgeous!

Unknown said...

love all your happiness! great pics of your daughter! susan

Anonymous said...

all very good things

Farmgirl Paints said...

SO pretty...that Jeanne really knows how to do it right:)

Privet and Holly said...

Congrats on your
girls scores!
Amazing!
Mine took the
PSAT this fall,
so we are just
entering this
phase.....Your
buttons are bustin'
and they should be!
xx Suzanne
PS: Thanks for the
info on the bag.
I'm off to have a
closer look : )

Kelli said...

LOVE OPI! Um, she did AMAZING!!!! You have to be so proud of her and all of her hard work. Give her a high give from me :)

Jboo said...

Great post -- so many lovely find!

Woohoo to your Savannah! That is fabulous! That girl is going places! I'm sure will have her pick of colleges with scores like those! Hard work pays off, doesn't it!

Janet

christina said...

your daughter rocked those tests!!! be proud my friend, be proud.
Congrats!!!
xoxo

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

I love hearing other people's favorites!

Tiffany said...

You GO girl,Savannah!!!! woo hoooo

Tammy said...

Love that bag!
CONGRATULATIONS to Ms Savannah!!
Way to GO!!!!
Tammy :-)
JUNK WILD

Kat said...

She definitely did rock those tests! Woohoo! That camera bag looks amazing!!!

Nancy Elizabeth Carey said...

Paige- I have been following your blog for a few months and I just think you and your girls are ADORABLE!! You are soo real & I just love that! Sometimes just the "simple thoughts" during my busy day makes me happy :)
btw-I also love the polish...one of my favorites as well:)

Urban Farmgirl said...

Ok, I am soooo buying one of Jeanne's camera bags...and the sugar scrub sounds FABULOUS!!

I'm off to burn up the credit card over at Jeanne's Etsy shop. I thank you. My husband probably does not. Lol!

~mary~

Lulu and Co. said...

Oh i'm clapping big for your daughter!!! having a high schooler now i know how awesome that is!! YEA. I love everything Jeanne makes. just gorgeous,
xo,
LuLu

Jeanne Oliver said...

Way to go Savannah! What an incredible accomplishment!

Bravehearted Beauty {formerly LLH Designs} said...

I want a peek inside that camera bag with all your stuff in it! ;) Mine isn't nearly as cute!

Xo,
Linsey

Courtney Walsh said...

33! wooohooo!! Smart girl! :) I like your list, Paige!!

Sibi said...

Heeeeeeeeey!!!

Love this post ! And can we talk about your new hardwoods? We need to! You need to host a dinner party to celebrate your new floors and your girl!!! Congrats on such awesome test scores and those jumps too!!!

Goodness gracious alive! What an athlete!

I know you are so proud and you should be!!! All four of your girls are amazing and shine so brightly!!

We are leaving for your favorite place and mine next week and this Mama Bear may just lean down and kiss that powder sugar sand! I'm driving everybody crazy trying to wardrobe, coordinate and style at least a few outfits for please dear God a few pictures of my babies together.

Miss you tons and would love to catch up soon.

Love you,
Sibi

Clare said...

love all of your stuff, i bet the martha stewart cookbook is awesome, and i really like that camera bag, i asked for one for xmas, might need to pass this post on to the hubby!!

just ask beth said...

someone once told me that if we don't toot our childrens horns who will!! Nothing wrong with being PROUD!! Way to go Savannah!!

Wendy said...

Love the camera bag! congrats to your super smart daughter! AWESOME!!!!!!!!

chasity said...

that bag is sooooo sooo pretty!!
and jeanne is the queen of pretty packaging
:)

have a great weekend paige~

chasity