Saturday, May 05, 2007

My Happily Ever After



I love this man.

He is my favorite friend...that's our little nickname-well one of them anyway.

He is my sweetheart.

He is my soul mate.

He is my hero.

We spent 8 hours together last night in the emergency room. He was having some unusual symptoms~a weird all over sensation, he felt flush , & he had a strange sensation down his arm. I was headed out the door to work. He asked me to stay with him....this is completely out of character for him.

We drove to the hospital , signed in & they did an EKG.

We waited & waited, we read the paper & my magazines, we talked, we made calls to our friends, we snacked , we laughed, & we snuggled, and we prayed.

They ran a slew of tests- all of which came back negative. The doctor chalked it up to stress & told us to followup with his primary care doctor. Dan was relieved that they found nothing. The nurse in me wants to know what was going on.

I love that man.

He is an amazing man. He is selfless, kind, gentle, romantic, funny , handsome, tender, and loyal.

He married me and became an instant father to three fatherless little girls.

He became a new daddy two years later. These four precious girls are so privileged & fortunate to call him Daddy.

I love that man.

Not a day goes by that I forget to thank the Lord for bringing him to me.

He is my happily ever after.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a blessed girl indeed!

Anonymous said...

You are a blessed girl indeed

Anonymous said...

What adorable photos you shared!! such an adorable couple an family! Good news about those test results, and perhaps the lesson learned will surface soon. Blessings to you!

Jen - Earth Angels said...

keeping you in my thoughts and prayers...do hope your hubby is ok...you two are wonderful wiht each other and that is a treasure to know. xxoo Jen
ps...on a lesser note...thanks for the comment on the blog post for Lisa! I know she will appreciate it..xxoo Jen

Kim -today's creative blog said...

keep us posted. I'm glad of course that they didn't find anything, but like you, I would want to know WHY it happened in the first place.
Love the photos.

Kristin said...

My tender friend. I love it that you love your man. I have been privy to watching him become a daddy to your girlys and a gentle husband and leader of your family. I have watched how you hold him close in your heart and never take him for granted and always thankful to God for him. I pray for a long, long (100% excellent healthy) life and well, as always a happily ever after for you two and always.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful post. Such a tribute to your favorite man! I have one at home that I feel the same about! Smiles, Heather

Carla Sonheim said...

Thank you for this post. Wow!!!