Monday, April 16, 2007

Recent layouts






Sharing some of my recent layouts...i finished these last week. Some of the color in the last one is way off....oh well. Found some great new product at my lss- scrap chic boutique. Such a wonderful little shop with beautiful displays & I love their grand chandelier!

Was totally blessed today with a visit from my dear friend Katie. She has been such a wonderful mentor to me the last several years. She will be 60 in a few weeks but is truly the most young at heart woman i have ever known. She truly loves the Lord, her hubby, her daughter ,her new grandbaby, and her "heart friends"--and what a treasure that is! I hope to be more like her when I grow up! Women mentoring women.....such a blessing God gives us. I love to learn from ladies who have "already been down the road" and have much wisdom to give. Not that everything in their life is perfect~ as that's what makes them even more real.

"Real isn't how you are made," said the Skin Horse. "It's a thing that happens to you. When a child loves you for a long, long time, not just to play with, but REALLY loves you, then you become Real." "Does it hurt?" asked the Rabbit. "Sometimes," said the Skin Horse, for he was always truthful. "When you are Real you don't mind being hurt." "Does it happen all at once, like being wound up," he asked, "or bit by bit?" "It doesn't happen all at once," said the Skin Horse. "You become. It takes a long time. That's why it doesn't happen often to people who break easily, or have sharp edges, or who have to be carefully kept. Generally, by the time you are Real, most of your hair has been loved off, and your eyes drop out and you get loose in your joints and very shabby. But these things don't matter at all, because once you are Real you can't be ugly, except to people who don't understand."


by Margery Williams, from The Velveteen Rabbit


Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

jessielavon@yahoo.com said...

Oh darling,I love the layouts,contact me by email and we cn talk sells.

Nancy said...

These are awesome - wish I could see them a little closer up. Will just have to come by and do that.

Kim -today's creative blog said...

I know what you mean about older gals. I have two 80 yr old women in one of my water classes. They are amazing!
Love your layouts! Very very nice!
I'm jealous of that white frame. I could only find black yesterday. :)

Kristin said...

Sweet quote from V.R. and lovin the beach pics below the layouts. Hope you are having a great day friend.

jessielavon@yahoo.com said...

ITS A FRONT PORCH PARTY!

IT'S A FRONT PORCH PARTY!
I am going to have a front porch party on the morning of April 30th.
so come on over and sat a spell.
bring your mountain dew ,coffee or what ever,cracker pie or anything else even art work. Just bring y'alls selvs.
ALL Y'ALL HAVE TO DO IS LEAVE A COMMENT TO THIS POST BETWEEN TONIGHT AND BY 8 A.M ON THE 30TH AND I WILL DRAW A NAME ON THE 30TH AND THE WINNER WILL GET A FREE PAINTING OF CHOISE.
TITLES Y'ALL CAN CHOOSE FROM ARE ON MY EARLY POST A FEW WAYS DOWN POST THAT SHOWS ALL MY WORK.
IT WILL BE A 11"X 8" SO LEAVE THEM COMMENTS SWEETPEAS.
FOR EVERY 50 DIFFERENT COMMENTS EACH A DIFFERENT PERSON/BLOGGER THERE WILL BE A WINNER UP TO 200 COMMENTS.. LETS GET READY FOR A PARTY DARLINGS.

The drawing will be right after I have my meds,see to my auggie and tucker and my garden.

jessielavon@yahoo.com said...

Hi darling,heres a link to my ebay.I am under purple*cucumbers over there.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=002&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&viewitem=&item=120110547234&rd=1&rd=1

Jeanne said...

Thanks for visiting my blog. Your blog is so appropriately named...your layouts are so sweet. Fabulous photography too!

Diane Duda said...

Hi Paige,
Your layouts are lovely as is your whole blog.
Sorry you didn't win the rainbow fairy picture. These photos of your daughters are a million times more beautiful than any artwork you could purchase anyway!

I'll be back to visit. :)
Diane Duda