Tuesday, March 27, 2012

are you a dreamer? building a creatively made business


 years ago i owned my own small business.
it was a charming little gift shop in the historic town in which i grew up.
located next door to a coffee shop, it had all the special touches that made
it a place i loved to be.
colorful, cheerful and current all with the divine scent of fresh coffee infused.

i loved ordering & purchasing for my shop
i loved having another little nook to decorate
i love getting to know my customers
& having a little something 
that was just mine.

now fifteen years later
i find myself starting two new business ventures again.
while this time, my businesses don't reside inside a brick & mortar
location,
i feel i have a little something
that's just mine all over again.

these last few years, primarily through blogging
i have met so many gifted entrepreneurs.
their dreams & visions for their companies
provide daily inspiration for me.

simply FLOURISH
the last few years has been a delight for me.
if you've been around my blog long enough you know i have almost every tote
bag & camera bag she's created. i wear my leather cuffs daily
as do my girls...and many of their friends.
her art touches my soul.
but her desire to share her heart
the ups & downs of starting from the bottom
encouraging others who are in the birthing stages of their own dreams & businesses
is truly what i love about her.

jeanne is doing another ( hallelujah)
ecourse.
i'm so tickled to share with you that she has offered
two of my readers a seat in her course!!

please leave me a comment & you will be entered.

personally, i can. not. wait. for this one to begin!



in jeanne's own words~
One life on this earth is all that we get, whether it is enough or not enough, and the obvious conclusion would seem to be that at the very least we are fools if we do not live it as fully and bravely and beautifully as we can.  –Frederick Buechner 

Are you a dreamer?
Do you have ideas, dreams and a beautiful product to go with it? 
Have you been putting off starting your own business?
Do you feel stuck in the online business you have already created?
Do you just need someone to take your hand and walk you through the process?
It is time to take yourself and your dreams seriously.
Let’s start at the beginning.
Join me for a three week journey in building a “Creatively Made Business”.

SOME of the topics we will cover …..
Setting up your business
Websites 
Social networking
Promoting your business
Pricing and staying competitive
Photographing your product 
Setting yourself apart
Growing your brand
Markets and shows 
Manufacturing
Reproducing your work 
Keeping the books
Balancing home and creativity 
I will share my journey
I will talk honestly about what worked and what didn’t.
I will talk about growing pains and when you will know it is time to expand.
I will talk about all the things I wish someone had told me before I started to manufacture my clothing and bags (all the mistakes I made too).
Each week you will hear from other guest business owners and they will share what they wish they would have known and give you their best piece of advice.
You will have access to a Facebook group so you can connect with other business owners (or dreamers) in the class.
Each week we will have a live chat where you can ask questions.
All sessions are recorded and available as videos for you to watch at your convenience.  You will learn at your own pace and around your own schedule.
Growth, dreams and possibilities begin April 16th.
{class will begin April 16th and the classroom will be open for 3 months}
 $48 for the course
NO COUPON CAN BE APPLIED TO THIS COURSE



42 comments:

Heather Taylor said...

What a great idea! And just what my Mom and I need as we just opened a stamp/scrap/paper store in Greenville, SC!!!

Denise Smith said...

I am coming sweet Paige! I am so blessed to have this invite come at this time! God is moving in Pace of Thread! Looking forward to it!

Kerry said...

Oh oh! Pick me! Pick me!

wfjones said...

I would love to be involved in this course! I am sitting on ready but would love to have such a successful business person share her best practices and advice.

sugar said...

Oh Paige! So many timesyour blog speaks to my heart. Your words of encouragement have always blessed me more than you know. Just yesterday I had a conversation with a friend about how I want to start an online business. I have struggled with prioritizing my life and finances. I've lost my way since my divorce. Finding out what I want is hard and I still don't know how to live my life as a single person. I woke up with marinara stains on my freshly washed white comforter this morning and thought to myself, its time to prioritize. With that came thoughts of how I need to figure out what I love on my own. And how I need to tap into the creative girl who once stood where I stand. What am I doing with this life I've been given? I thought. And then I find this on your blog. Tears. Smiles. I would love to win this. Thank you so much for sharing dear friend. xoxo

Candace said...

Love reading your blog and getting so many inspirations. I am very intrugued by this course offered. Thx!

sugar said...

p.s.i 'm going to borrow your quote ;)

Alyssa said...

Sign me up :) I love jeanne, she is such an inspiration!


Someday I too will have a business that I dream of...all IN GODS TIMING! Thanks for sharing your story!

xo
Lyss

christa@centurylink.net said...

This sounds like a great course! I would love to do this! Paige, i love your blog and look forward to reading it every day!!

Polly said...

What a super idea! You offer so much to all of us with your blog and inspiration! Thank you for another opportunity to DREAM:)

Paula said...

What an inspiring post! Like so many, I LONG to start my own business - but I have THE FEAR! Don't know what I'm scared of, but a nudge in the right direction would be nice. Thanks for offering the opportunity, and love your blog!

Rox said...

Oh Lordie!! I would love to win a seat! This sounds like exactly what I am needing right now :)
Roxanne

Rox said...

Oh Lordie!! I would love to win a seat! This sounds like exactly what I am needing right now :)
Roxanne

Danielle Christian said...

What a sweet offer...I would love to be apart of this class...with the new business venture MK and I are starting :)

melissa said...

You have no idea how much this is speaking to me right now! If I don't win a seat I will find the money to participate somehow. I have the dream and the ideas but I'm overwhelmed at all the other "stuff" that goes into making a successful business.

Country Blossoms said...

I would love to take this class!
Love your blog! Karin

Country Blossoms said...

I would love to take this class!
Love your blog! Karin

Anonymous said...

what a great offer! i am definately a dreamer, but never know where to start! i look forward to your blog, i check in everyday during my lunch break. you are an inspiration!

meghan
megonthemag39@aol.com

Debra said...

Paige, this class sounds wonderful! Thanks to you and Jeanne for the opportunity to enter this contest! :)

chrissiwithab said...

Paige,
I would love to share in this e course. Sounds perfect.

Kiri said...

Such a great idea! It is my dream to someday own my own shop. I feel this tug on my heart, I just don't know where it is leading me. This sounds like a wonderful opportunity!

Shauna said...

What a super great fantastic oppurtunity! I would love to get a seat in the class, or I will even share my seat ;)

Alecia said...

What a great idea...I love miss Jeanne Oliver!!! Whoever wins will be incredibly blessed and informed...what a sweet gift.

martha said...

am leaving my comment...sounds like a great ecourse, would love to win a seat! Could you wave your poofer over my post? ;)
Thanks, Paige for bringing something fresh and wonderful to us each day!
Blessings to ya!

julie said...

This would be great. Thanks for the chance.

3 Peanuts said...

I am going to look into this. There is something I have been "working" on for years...literally years but have been SO afraid to make that final leap. Maybe this is just what I need.

I NEEDED that quote so badly. I am going to write it down and carry it with me.

Kim

Jodi said...

I am definately a dreamer. I would love love to be able to have the opportunity to take one of her courses.

Thanks so much for offering the giveaway!

Wendy said...

I could really benefit from a fresh perspective on this topic! I'd love a chance to take part in this course!

Maca said...

I am so pleased to have this opportunity to enter the
giveaway. I join in the chorus! The post Jeanne did recently of turning her formal dining room into her art studio . . . well that says it all about dreams turned into delightful reality! It would be great to "sit at her feet" so to speak to learn from her pilgrimage.

andrea said...

I would love to participate! Thanks so much for offering this!

raggygirlvintage said...

Would so love to be a part of this class, hope I win!!
Tracey

Darci said...

I would LOVE to participate! So very generous.....

PS~ I really enjoy reading your blog ;-)

Holly said...

How awesome! I'd love to win!
~A sister in the Bond #AXO

Anonymous said...

I would love to win this for my daughter! She has so much talent but is often overcome by doubt and indecsion. I have three teenage daughters and relate so much to what you share on your blog. thanks, Tressa

Jenny Lynn said...

This looks awesome! I have been back and forth for the longest time trying to figure out what I want a homemade business to look like. I just recently had twins and stopped working outside the home. I have been trying to figure out how to make my business dreams become a reality! This would be a perfect start!

Jboo said...

Would love to be in this class!! Sweet giveaway!

janet

gina smith said...

Thins would be an awesome course to help take my Etsy shop to the next level. Need to check it out for sure.

Debby said...

I would love this. I have an Etsy shop that I have never listed anything.

janeg said...

I would appreciate the opportunity to take part in this course. Thanks Paige!

Anonymous said...

Oh my~ It would be such a blessing to be selected for this class. I really enjoy your blog!

mowrose@aol.com

Claudine from ReStory.ca said...

Dear Paige!!! I read this post last night and was so "dead" that did not reply! But I am IN!!!!
Life is so funny... I am a PLANNER. Then I got laid off... and started painting furniture... started my blog... and now I am starting a business... in the process of! SO, this course comes in the right moment!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH for sharing!!!

Rochelle said...

Love her and her line! Just ordered a dress from her...and would benefit so much from this ecourse. Thank you and Jeanne for this chance!
Rochelle