Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Its beginning to look alot like Christmas

Emily has been playing Christmas carols on her violin


Madison is up to her ears in rehearsals for the Nutcracker


Caroline & I are watching Charlie Brown's Christmas
Savannah is preparing to have her end of year cheer holiday party at our home Sunday
& I am loving decorating for the holidays.


While I by no means feel as if I have a decorator home--not by a long shot, I will humbly share some of what's up so far.
We will go get the tree hopefully this weekend & at that point I will be able to add greenery here and there.



Like I mentioned before, this year I really tried to keep my decorations simple , not fussy , but just my favorites. I really love the vintage patinas of the silvery & gold ornaments --some truly vintage ,many just made to look that way. We get loads of full sun in our house-therefore the dark tones just don't seem to fit.... so many white Christmas themed vignettes...no shocker there! This year I hung just a simple live wreath over the mantle in front of a couple old chippy frames...I hope to add some live spruce and little white candles this weekend.
My favorite picture of my mom in santa's lap from the 50's. I did a little digital restoration of the photo, printed in on inkjet canvas and then added a little white glitter...so sweet!
One of the things I have loved to collect over the years is bottle brush trees....love the ones from Cody Foster.



A few things in the kitchen....
More soon ---and a big yippie for Helio & Julianne! They are so much fun to watch--she is an amazing dancer and so gorgeous and he has the sweetest personality --i so enjoyed watching the two of them dance together!

Have to add my favorite Santa picture of my girlies


...obviously an old one but of course what would a truly fabulous Santa picture be if the baby wasn't flipping out!!

& yes she has recovered & loves the jolly ole' fella!

14 comments:

Irene said...

Hi! I recently happened upon your blog and wanted to say that you have a beautiful family and a gorgeous home. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

bethy said...

girl, that house looks fabulous! decorator, yes, you are!!! love the picture of your mom with santa. your photography is precious as well. what a beautiful post.

3 Peanuts said...

Paige,

That all looks gorgeous!!!! I am white with envy because with a 17 month old toddling around, I have not had time to decorate and I do not think this is going to be a banner year for my Christmas creativity. We'll see... I LOVE eveything you have done...everything!!!!

Okay, I NEED to post that Third day song on my blog because I listened to it over and over and over last year when I was SO close to getting my referral for Kate but did not have it yet (2/1/07). I used to cry thinking that it was our 3rd Christmas waiting for her...and NOW she is HOME! How did you get it on your blog? My usual sources do not have it on their playlists.

I came here yesterday just to sit here and listen and I cried again--tears of joy!

Please help!

Kim

3 Peanuts said...

Two more things...LOVE the red toile clock AND I have a large apothecary jar with balls like that too. That is one of the few thingn I have put on my mantel thus far:)

Anonymous said...

wow! I am feeling the same way you are this year...i just want simple things not too fussy! I love your decorations and your home is lovely. I just found your blog not long ago and I am glad. Thanks for sharing your life with us.

Deb said...

I love your Christmas decoration Paige! Everything is so beautiful! It IS beginning to look like Christmas!

Jodee said...

Your house looks beautiful! I love the Santa picture too.

Danielle Moss said...

Paige,

Your home is absolutely stunning. You have such amazing taste and you are so creative!

Merry Christmas!

Danielle

Jake and Taryn said...

Love all of your decorations! Your home looks great! I also LOVE the photo of your girls with Santa! That is priceless!

cammy said...

I love it all and see we share the same decorating style! I want to see more.

Heather said...

ALl of these are beautiful. My favorite is the old photograph of your mom. The wreath looks terrific also.

carolyn peeler said...

What beautiful photos Paige. I truly love these photos. What fabulous taste you have!

the tattered nest said...

not a decorator? could of fooled me! your home is gorgeous...I sometimes think I should switch over to a brighter, simple palette! I love it...

the tattered nest said...

not a decorator? could of fooled me! your home is gorgeous...I sometimes think I should switch over to a brighter, simple palette! I love it...