Saturday, November 24, 2007

I heart vintage ornaments

Each year I really try to do something different in my Christmas decorating plans. Most all the rooms in our home have a tree...maybe a small table top tree, or a vintage style tree held in an urn, a white Christmas tree filled with glittery balls, maybe a tree on our back porch and obviously the tree.
Most years I take photos of the things I've done so I can decide what I may or may not do the next year. But my goodness....I look back on some of my photos and think "what was I thinking?" " why didn't someone stop me?" " oh how cluttered that looks" or " yuck, i don't like that anymore!"


But one thing I do love is my growing collection of vintage glass ornaments. While I love the neutral back drop of most of the spaces in my home, these fun colored balls really seem to pop and add a little jolt of all the fun colors that I love. I have placed most of them in the ever so famous huge antique dough bowl that I love to fill with seasonal goodies. I love the juxtaposition of primitive with the fun colored shiney brites of these balls. This year I have the bowl on my kitchen table & its oh so fun!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful relaxing time with family these last few days.
Our next three weeks are so full with Nutcracker rehearsals and productions, chorus recitals, parties, open houses, events at the girls school, baking, sending cards.... but I pray we are able to focus on the reason for the season....the birth of Jesus. While some things in a holiday schedule can't be changed, I pray my attitude and focus is on the right thing and that our home is an extension of what we love & who we worship.

8 comments:

Jodee said...

Love the ornaments!

Somewhere In The Sun said...

I love vintage ornaments too! When we put up our tree today one of my boys picked up a gold vintage ball and said "look mommy, a disco ball!"

Unknown said...

Love the colorful array of balls in your bread bowl! Love it!

Jake and Taryn said...

Love the ornaments and this post! I too have been praying that we will keep our focus on the true reason for the season, the Birth of Jesus! I am also praying that we will have hearts of giving this year to those that are less fortunate!
I also love the idea of a bowl of ornaments on the table!! Cute idea!

Jody said...

Beautiful ornaments and family! I stopped by after clicking your link through Carrie Batt's blog. I read about your husband, Gregg's death in 2006, and I am sorry for your loss, but also know the reality of God and the Healing He brings where sorrow and grief flow so freely. I just wanted you to know that I had stopped by here. I pray that God will continue to blesa and astound you in the ways He chooses to work in your life and the lives of those closest to you. Blessings for your journey. I love your Christmas playlist too. I for one am grateful that I know and LOVE the true Reason for this season. It gives me reason to celebrate and not stress out. =)

Elle Jay Bee said...

Hi Paige,
With your big heart, I know you will keep the focus on what is important...That said, I am sooo looking forward to seeing photos of your Christmas decor! Bring it on!!!

Love,
Linda xox

Meg said...

I agree that the vintage ornaments are so so pretty...they bring a certain simplicity to the decorating and seem to go with every taste and style.

3 Peanuts said...

BEAUTIFUL! My husband buys me sone every year but I hang them on the tree. Maybe I'll do something different this year!

KIm