Saturday, March 13, 2010

walking in the truth

3rd john 4 says i have no greater joy than to hear my children walk in the truth.

the other day dan & savannah were talking about her future, college choices, etc. savannah told him that she was excited about her future, all the challenges ahead of her next year as a highschool senior and then as a college freshman.
but she then went on to say something that spoke volumes to me.
she said probably the hardest thing to do when she graduates, would be leaving our church.

our church has a simple yet profound goal of reaching the next generation.
actively whole heartedly going after & connecting with our kids and leading them into a powerful relationship with the lord that is alive & real

the youth group at Grace is enormous
on wednesday nights alone about 800 middle schoolers come together for small group , worship & teaching.
& that doesn't even count the highschoolers & adults that help out!
its the most amazing night of my week. my girls love it. savannah & i work with a group of 6th grade girls. it has been a priceless opportunity for me to watch as she leads & teaches theses younger girls. i wouldn't trade anything for those 2 hours each week.

we are also incredibly fortunate
a couple of years ago some of my alltime most fave worship leaders moved to atlanta. one from nashville ( christy nockels ), one from england ( matt redman) and one from texas ( chris tomlin) to join forces with louie giglio to plant a church. a church whose heart beats to reach the city of atlanta in a powerful way. ( sermons can be watched here)

these guys have humbly come together
& blown the doors open on worship
louie is so gifted in passionately teaching about the love of God

Passion city church meets on sunday nights
so after sunday mornings at "our church" we head out to spend sunday nights with them.
A>M>A>Z>I>N>G
is all i can say

the first sunday night we went
caroline took notes the entire sermon...darn it if that wasn't the most precious thing
that sweet child
sitting with her little leather bible & pencil
writing as fast as she could
just soaking it all up

during worship she stood up
lifted her little face
and raised her hands to worhip her lord

she was only 7



this past week they released their latest cd
i am probably only one song shy of blowing my speakers
i have never heard a more powerful group of songs
if i had a whole bunch of money i would give each one of you this cd
but i don't
so i'll do the next best thing
strongly encourage you to listen
i think this link will still allow you to do just that

song #5---leaves me with tears every time


surely caroline & i are chris tomlin's biggest fans
if you're not famliar with chris....you might just love him too
he's won GMA male vocalist a few times
knocked down a couple artist of the year awards
a couple grammy nods
& is the most sung christian artist in america

if you are hurting or feeling fragile today
vulnerable or broken
feeling your praises are truly in sacrifice
i would love to encourage you
i would love to share this powerful song
pause my playlist
sit back
& listen
let these words touch your heart today
& above all
know that you are loved
by Him
may you too walk in that truth



25 comments:

paige said...

dear mama, it is beautiful
you have such strong love for god
i am a million times proud that you are my mom
i am in tears
your are the worlds greatest mom:)
i love you<3<3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Love,
Caroline

Cathy Henry said...

Paige, thank you for such a beautiful blog today. My prayer is for all the children in our lives to have hearts that crave Him.
I have wanted to try Passion Church, we ha e heard such great things about it. Where are they meeting now and when?
Have a beautiful day my friend!!
Xoxo

Martha said...

I love Chris Tomlin...and that is amazing with your church to have an effect so strong...that's what it is all about:) AMAZING!

Farmgirl Paints said...

Makes me want to pick up and move to Atlanta. I love worship music...how blessed are you!!!

I tried listening to the album and it wouldn't let me. May just have to buy it.

SO precious that your kids are experiencing God in that powerful way. I want that for our kids too. Churches are a little dead up here. We grew up with powerfully annointed services, raised hands etc... Miss it. Goosebumps thinking of your 7 year old writing notes and soaking it all in. Is there anything better than that?? WOW:)

Susan R said...

Beautiful thoughts and words. Caroline is a sweetheart. Ya'll must be doing something right to raise such beautiful girls with such beautiful faith.
Whoa! Such a huge youth group. It's good to hear, warms my heart.
Have a lovely day

fleur de lis cottage said...

What a blessing to attend the church you did with that leadership. I've heard Lou speak before (glad he answered God's calling, he is using His gifts). We have talked about moving south before and realize it would be hard to leave our church. What a wonderful statement for your daughter to make.

Also, meant to tell you congratulations regarding your post below. Awesome Paige!

fleur de lis cottage said...

Meant to say attend the church you do :)

traci said...

ok, so your post touched me deeply. yours always do. then i click to comment and see that beautiful comment from your sweet daughter and i just about lost it. what a wonderful love your family shares. i love that song. thanks for sharing. i may be visiting itunes later. have a great weekend sweetie!!

georgiafulenwider said...

the lyrics to that song have been very healing and promising to me this last year...

"Jesus has overcome
And the grave is overwhelmed
The victory is won
He is risen from the dead

And I will rise when He calls my name
No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise on eagles' wings
Before my God fall on my knees
And rise
I will rise

And I hear the voice of many angels sing, "Worthy is the Lamb"
And I hear the cry of every longing heart, "Worthy is the Lamb"

And I will rise when He calls my name
No more sorrow, no more pain
I will rise on eagles' wings
Before my God fall on my knees
And rise
I will rise"


LOVE that song... love Passion conferences... love Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman, Christy Nockels and Louie Giglio, love your blog... love your transparency! Thank you and God Bless!
Georgia
a Texas girl
www.easysite.com/fulenwiderfamily

Julie said...

I was thinking about buying that cd and now I definitely will.

A few years ago our church changed their kid's worship format and it has been so powerful. There's nothing more moving to me than watching kids worshipping Jesus and God moving in them.

You're such an inspiration and encouragement to me. Love your daughter's sweet comment to you!

xo

Jboo said...

Wow -- what an amazing church! So wonderful to hear about it! Have a great Sunday!

Janet

Love Being A Nonny said...

I will rise when He CALLS MY NAME...how sweet is the sound of your name when it is HE who calls it?!!! Precious post...and I love the comment from your daughter!

Kristin said...

Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart. Prov 22:6...and so true. You are a Mamma that has taught your girls just that. I love that about you Paige. That has always been your first goal as a Mom and God is blessing you in seeing the fruits of that labor of love.

Love Chris Tomlin, I do!
That song is truly the song of my soul.
If Angels sing I think they sound so passionate yet so pure in authentic just like that.

Praying your Sunday amazing. Love you my friend.

sherry said...

lovely * thank you.

jAne
tickleberryfarm.blogspot.com

patricia e said...

Paige, your post is beautiful ~ I love Chris Tomlin and this song ~ it is truly moving beyond words!!

On a side note, I wanted to ask you how you liked the book "Saving CeeCee Honeycutt"? I was thinking of buying. I too am drawn to book covers and the pages. Have you read "On Mystic Lake" by Kristin Hannah? If you haven't, you have to add that to your list...I just finished and it's a tearjerker. One that I will stay with me for a long time.

3 Peanuts said...

Oh how SWEET is that first comment????????


I love this. My middle schooler goes to a program like that on Tuesday nights....

You are doing it all so well, paige!

Leslie said...

How wonderful that your girls lives have been influenced by such awesome leaders/mentors. Wow! Chris Tomlin is one of my all time favorites and this song is always a constant on my playlist! I will have to get my own album, music reaches so many in ways that words cannot sometimes. I love sweet Caroline's comment, makes me want to move to Atlanta and go to your church! Maybe next time we drive through we will have to stop and worship there! I will have to go online and check out the sermons. Thanks for sharing Paige, you sweet lady!!! Oh by the way, I purchased the magazine this weekend! Way to go!!

Just Jenn said...

I love worship... it feeds my soul and brings me into that place where I can fully surrender... I love it!

Just Jenn~

sevenalstons said...

Such a beautiful post. I really am wishing I lived in Atlanta at the moment :) And your daughters comment... oh my goodness, what a blessing to have such a sweet girl!

Jerri said...

Aww I love your heart!...and Louie Giglio's sermon about us being made up of "tiny crosses"...would love to hear him every week...and well, I just love worship music period!...and you sweet daughters...I am blessed by one but you are blessed x 4!!!

LuLu said...

Oh Paige how I pray that one day my children have the same longing for their church when it's their time to leave the nest... i pray they are bottling everything we & their faith are instilling in them to guide them through their journey. Your family and church sounds inspiring and life changing, thank you for always shining such love on faith and family... it's everything.
xo,
LuLu

Courtney Walsh said...

i just really needed this today.

things are dark.

this brought me some light.

thank you.

sugar said...

I want X3!!! We have the same taste in shoes :) and what a precious mama you are! Its so beautiful to reap the benefits of our labor and see God in our children's hearts. Bless you!

Alecia said...

That was such a sweet post...I do love those worship leaders...thanks for sharing the info...I connect with the Lord on such an intimate level through Worship music...I can't wait to check this cd out...probably my next iTunes purchase! :-) I'll probably check out some sermons too.

christina said...

what an amazing church, filled with faith and wisdom.
paige, you should have seen me swaying to the music, with my hands up! lol
love
love
this post.
xo