Sunday, July 12, 2009

twothousandfivehundredandfourtytwo

YAY Reagan....
send me your email addy and your mailing address & I'll get the ball rolling for your
Coastal Living subscription




Go ahead & talk about me
I can take it
I realize the thought of over 2,000 photos in 6 days sounds insane!
& Tara , I totally appreciate that we are on the same page. If you can swing 1,000 photos in a day than surely I'm not alone in my obsession.


The first year Dan & I took the girls to the beach with his family I took about 10 rolls of film ( 10rolls of film....how retro is that).
My sister in law didn't bring a camera. I'm suprised I didn't get immediately kicked out of the family. Who knew my obsession would grow into paparazzi-esque photo taking!

I have to admit my girls are pretty good sports. I try to have the camera out first thing in the morning before everyone is wilting. Then, my fave time on the beach is around 7pm, so most evenings
the girls knew after dinner we'd head back out for some more.
There's something truly magical about those days, just our family out there on the white sand. Time really does seem to stand still. Capturing each little moment allows me to store them in my heart in a tangible way.
























20 comments:

Jeanne Oliver said...

That is AWESOME!!! Aren't you so thankful for digital...it has changed how we take photos!!! Hey...at least I was over 1,000 in my guess.

Jodee said...

You go girl! I can't wait to see all 2,000 vacation pictures! HA HA! You are a fabulous photographer!

Farmgirl Paints said...

OH MY GOSH! I was wayyyyy off:)

Janelle said...

I always love to see your pics. Love the one of the girls laying in the water especially. So unique. Can't wait to see more!

Anonymous said...

ummm... yeah... i
I guess I underestimated you! Ha! Whoa! Those girls will have so many sweet memories of growing up thanks to you! =) Hope you have an external hard drive!

Tara said...

oh girl I am laughing!! WE are so on the same page with the photos, my mom laughs at me when I send a days worth of photos and she says, I don't need them all, just the good ones! Oh yeah right mom! But usually in those 1000 5 are good! :) I'm still learning! Gorgeous photos paige, and what a gorgeous family you have...love all of the bathing suits, your girls just look like so much fun! :) HUGS!

Anonymous said...

no wonder you have so many beautiful photos! You have a ton to choose from! You're sure to have some winners! Plus, you have such beautiful subjects!!! xo

Drawn to The Sea said...

What gorgeous girls... no wonder you're inspired to take so many photos :-)

G;ad you stopped by; your blog is lovely.

Laura said...

first time here...that little girls bathing suit is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It deserves to be photographed 2,000 times!

Kasey said...

you are insane!
but i do believe i came in second...

Debra said...

You can never take too many pictures - especially of your kids!

Kristin said...

My beautiful girlies are growing up too fast, but love their hearts and well, the young women they are each becoming. Love them!

You are always the amazing photographer and well producer of these beautiful girls that shine in images.

You know I guessed way more than that...tee hee hee.

Lemonade Makin' Mama said...

2000? That's not that insane... You have cute subjects, and were at a fun place!! Go girl.

I'm so happy you liked the dessert I posted on! It does somehow remind me of childhood... though I can't remember actually eating it as a child.

carolyn peeler said...

such gorgeous girls and I'm loving your playlist :)

Beki - TheRustedChain said...

Absolutely adorable pictures!!

Michelle said...

Just happened to find your blog and I love your photos would you ever consider dong my daughters senior pictures? We live in McDonough. ~The Sweet Gardenia

Julie said...

Wow I was way off! lol. I bet they're all great. :)

Philippine Real Estate said...

Gorgeous girls and pretty little girl.

Jboo said...

Beautiful girls and photos!! What a lovely family! Nice that they are so cooperative!

Hope you're having a great week!

Janet

Unknown said...

Wow Paige that is a lot of photos! I am off to buy a memory card for my camera...I want to take lots on our vacation (we leave tomorrow). Maybe I will top your number? I agree that 7 pm light is the most beautiful at the beach...gorgeous. The girls are just beautiful!
xo,
annie