oh & one more thing....not a blog award but i did win claudine hellmuth's latest scrapbook book over at rhonna's kickin blog!!!!! & just how cute is her little digi thingy she made? i really could use a settee just like that one! she & heidi swapp (the original inspiration to my world of scrapbooking) have teamed up with janet hopkins & have a new gig. I think i see a blog makeover in my future.so anyway~~
25 random things about me ( snore)
1. We adopted a golden retriever about 2 years ago. He is my running partner every day. He's the perfect dog.
2. I watch little to no tv & really dislike reality tv. I watch Grey's Anatomy so I can hang with savannah and Idol to spend time with my girls because they love it.
3. I went to nursing school specifically to become a pediatric oncology nurse.
4. About 20 years ago, I told one of my best friends that I wanted four little girls, just like "Little Women". She thought I was crazy.
Turns outI had three of them within three years & then fourth was born almost eight years ago. I've certainly been blessed with my little women.
5. My birthday is april fools day which is such a shame as i am not a great joke teller. In fact i'm not even a funny person.
6. I can't watch any movies where an animal gets hurt or heaven forbid dies....old yeller & marley and me...not a chance.
7. I have a tattoo ( gasp)
8. If i didn't color my roots every 2-3 weeks my hair would be completely white.
9. I have a terrible memory.
10. I have run a half marathon, or maybe two.....i can't remember.
11. I'm an extroved homebody who loves spending time in my home, especially on a rainyday, in my jammies.
12. I am currently reading through the bible in chronological order & I love it....who needs reality tv when you're reading the Old Testament!
13. I have an unhealthy relationship with salt.
14. Just prior to Caroline's birth, I had two miscarriages both around 12 weeks. I was completely strung out stressed during her pregnancy.
15. I don't give people the benefit of the doubt--i wish i did though. I usually take things at face value. I really am working on this as things aren't always as they seem.
16. I drove a minivan for a few years & while I was trying to be greatful for a new car, I hated every minute of it. I'm much more comfortable with my Suburban innerself. But my dream car is a convertible Volkswagon Beetle .
17. Dan sends me cards, usually in the mail. So many in fact, that they fill up the entire box my beloved anthropologie boots shipped in.
18. I collect dishes & love setting the table. I have about 35 different sets of plates ( some are only about 6 of each style, but still.....)
19. I am blessed with wonderful godly parents. Growing up I woke up most mornings to find my mom downstairs having her quiet time & in prayer. My dad is one of the most loyal forgiving men I've ever known.
20. When I was in highschool ( which i loved by the way) the guys put together their 'ultimate girl' using different ones of us all combined ( if that makes sense) .....i was the legs! I'm still proud of that today, 25 years later.
21. I struggle terribly with fear of illness or becoming a burden to my family.
22. I was a widowed when I was 30--this has greatly shaped who I am today. Gregg was extremely healthy, ran full marathons, didn't drink or smoke & loved organic food. He was diagnosed with metastatic melanoma and passed away within 8 months. Ironically he passed away in the very hospital on the very floor I had worked years before , taking care of adults with cancer.
23. Dan ( the wonderful man I am married to ) had never told another woman he loved her until we met. He was actually one of the groomsman in my first wedding.....now there's a story for you!
24. I cut out all caffienated drinks 3 years ago, went cold turkey.
25. About every third day, I'm sporting a ball cap & a pony tail!
26. & just for fun.. ..this precious child ( the fourth of my said little women) asks me to come eat lunch with her just 'bout every day...tell me how on earth am i supposed to resist that face?